Back to “normal” bamboo……

Denwor54

Life of the Party
Nice job was that from some of the strips that split and flamed? Love your handle I’m in the process of turning some lower handles for my two handed projects. Also working on reel seat inserts which will fun to play with.

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
Nice job was that from some of the strips that split and flamed? Love your handle I’m in the process of turning some lower handles for my two handed projects. Also working on reel seat inserts which will fun to play with.
Thanks Dennis! This rod was built from some old experimental blank sections I got from my buddy Tom Bowden……no planing hex’s yet….

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
Thanks Ron! In a few hours from now hopefully we’ll see how it casts and better yet how it bends with a fish on the other end! There are several local lakes that have a good winter midge hatch…..and the trout are on top sipping!

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
5/6 sight casting midge emergers breaking in the new rod. i think the Uniqua has a 6wt dry line, it would sling 75’ accurately! Next time I’ll try a 5 wt Sylk….ended the day 9 C&R’d on midge emergers. Beautiful day but cold! Sucks that the days are getting shorter……even worse next month. But still on the water.

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
Started cold and slow……little breezy so it was hard to spot risers. I fished from 1:00-6:15….brrrrr! But the sun sure felt great! 11/23 all on emergers. I found the best pair…..Hardy Bougle, 5wt Sylk on the new Hotrod! The only other pair better is on Dolly Parton!!