Back to “normal” bamboo……

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
So yesterday I started a semi regular Hotrod. Two piece, fiberglass ferrule, swelled mortised grip, 6’11” 4-5 wt. Special blank from a well known California bamboo maker that passed and his “stuff” went to my buddy Tom Bowden….he gave me a bunch of experimental sections knowing they’d turn into Hotrodz…… I started fitting in the hardwood inserts into the grip today. Pictures to follow.

Last edited:

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
I can always count on you Rocking Chair Fan for positive feedback! Thank you for your kind words, means a lot to me!

Hobbyranch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
So yesterday I started a semi regular Hotrod. Two piece, fiberglass ferrule, swelled mortised grip, under 7’ 4-5 wt. Special blank from a well known California bamboo maker that passed and his “stuff” went to my buddy Tom Bowden….he gave me a bunch of experimental sections knowing they’d turn into Hotrodz…… I started fitting in the hardwood inserts into the grip today. Pictures to follow.
Can’t wait to see it!

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
Special blank from a well known California bamboo maker that passed and his “stuff” went to my buddy Tom Bowden….
Speaking of Tom Bowden, what's he up to? Didn't see him at the last bamboo fling and I don't recall seeing many of his posts on this site...Am indebted to him for putting me onto a great source of tape for my spliced bamboo fly rods.

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Steve, I'm looking forward to this project of yours. I love the old, traditional styles. You've got amazing skills no matter what style you create, but I'm excited when they are used for this type.