Anyone wanna bank fish some lakes near the Portland area?

Jahhn

Just Hatched
Hi all!

been reading threads on here for the last half year or so but figured I ought to actually post.

I'm 26 and looking for someone in the same age range to fish with from the bank at places like Henry Hagg, and just have a chill time. Don't get me wrong fishing solo is great but it'd be just as great to have someone to shoot the shit with on occasion.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Can't help you with the PDX fishing, but hooray on the first post!

Jahhn

Just Hatched
Thank you guys for the warm welcome and the offers! I will gladly keep them in mind! I'm excited to spend a lot more time being active on here instead of just lurking haha 😁

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I like to bank fish lakes.
Walk and wade along the shoreline is the best when possible.
Sorry I won't be joining you as I live way south in Glide and I too old, LOL.
Welcome aboard mate.
There are quit a few good people on this forum and I have fished with a few.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Glide and Roseburg were the bomb growing up in the 70s/80s. Still has a special place in my heart, each and every time I make it down that way 3-6 times a year. 😁

disco_spidah

Just Hatched
Hi all!

been reading threads on here for the last half year or so but figured I ought to actually post.

I'm 26 and looking for someone in the same age range to fish with from the bank at places like Henry Hagg, and just have a chill time. Don't get me wrong fishing solo is great but it'd be just as great to have someone to shoot the shit with on occasion.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
I'm a little bit south of PDX (the Corvallis/Albany area) but I would be down to get out and do some fishing if you're looking at a potentially larger area!

Tuna Ball

Steelhead
I live close to Hagg lake and fish it frequently. If you want any updates with reports you can hit me up. I may be too old to fish with though. The trout fishing has turned season to being more productive trolling than bank fishing recently.

Also, the bass fishing is turning on. I will be targeting them instead of trout mostly now. My daughter and I caught 14 before noon Monday. Including her personal best. Mixed bag LM and SM.

IMG_20240422_090629503_HDR.jpg

Jahhn

Just Hatched
I live close to Hagg lake and fish it frequently. If you want any updates with reports you can hit me up. I may be too old to fish with though. The trout fishing has turned season to being more productive trolling than bank fishing recently.

Also, the bass fishing is turning on. I will be targeting them instead of trout mostly now. My daughter and I caught 14 before noon Monday. Including her personal best. Mixed bag LM and SM.

View attachment 111758
Great fish!! congrats to her PB!

I went just a few weeks ago and unfortunately hagg is so full it really does make finding a spot with back cast room few and far between so I'll probably put hagg on my hold list for a while till it goes back down some haha!

Thanks a ton for the info too!