A new mandolin

Xoxo

As long as you keep the blade sharp and your fingers tucked you'll be fine. If you will be doing large batches of something, kevlar gloves are a great way to go. Throw one on and slice away!
Oh I didn’t know about Kevlar gloves! I need to get these because if have mandolin PTSD!

I really thought i wanted a mandolin and asked for one for Christmas. I researched and found the one i wanted. But the very first time i used it i sliced a good part of of the top of my finger and this was back when i was taking a baby aspirin. That night i had to go to bed with bandaids and a bunch of gauze duct taped all around it and i was afraid of it ever since. I have only used it once and that was years ago. And i should get rid of it because it takes up a lot of room.

Xoxo

Yeah! Haha…. thought Ive was talking about a mandolin musical instrument when i checked this thread. I have no musical talent but a mandolin is one of my favorite instruments.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Oh I didn’t know about Kevlar gloves! I need to get these because if have mandolin PTSD!

I really thought i wanted a mandolin and asked for one for Christmas. I researched and found the one i wanted. But the very first time i used it i sliced a good part of of the top of my finger and this was back when i was taking a baby aspirin. That night i had to go to bed with bandaids and a bunch of gauze duct taped all around it and i was afraid of it ever since. I have only used it once and that was years ago. And i should get rid of it because it takes up a lot of room.
Cut gloves are great. They will save those fingertips!

For those who are too cool for cut gloves and other protection, hold the food you're slicing with your knuckles not your fingertips. Just like when you're using a knife, keep those tips tucked and you'll be aight.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
When I was in the service I was a cook. I learned how to hold food when cutting with sharp knives. You either paid attention when taught or you ended up cutting your fingers. I still cut veggies that same way I learned in 1954. Just bend your pinkies out of the way. It's very simple. When my wife cuts things up I just go in the other room. She scares me with a knife in her hands.