6wt beach line recs

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I've got the compact full floater and would not recommend it for the sound. Even with a good stretch or two, it always seems to coil up on me at low temperatures.

I’ve found that as well. I switched back to my Airflo Streamer floater for winter fishing. I’ll try the Compact floater again once things warm up.
SF

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I've got the compact full floater and would not recommend it for the sound. Even with a good stretch or two, it always seems to coil up on me at low temperatures.
good to know....Merwin and smallie waters are a touch warmer than the sound...during the summer.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Dang, I'm throwing 240 gr on my 6wt.

They’ll throw more then that if you’d like.
Just a personal preference as to what folks like as far as lines for their rods.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Anybody know what's going on with the 40+ in the US? Is it a done deal or are they going to bring it back?

Supposedly coming back.
I believe if you contact Mayfly they can get you what you want that is available in Europe but not here yet.
SF

Dennisoft

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’ve found that as well. I switched back to my Airflo Streamer floater for winter fishing. I’ll try the Compact floater again once things warm up.
SF
Funny thing is that the Cortland compact sink 3 performs pretty well at low temps. You would think they would have similar performance but that's just not the case.