#1....

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Don't know the backstory, but it sounds like it must have been quite a trek, and quite a story of perseverance - congratulations!!

cheers

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Thanks everyone. It was a very fun ride, and did all things that steelheads do.

First run with the new rod, but I had to work for it. Really crumby conditions, high dirty water. I still chose to stick with my new resolution of staying smaller than I think, and a little black,purple bunny leech tied on an alec jackson 5 did the trick.

The take was uneventful. Very end of the swing close to the bank. I am just about to start pulling running line and line went tight. Fish bucked a few times during initial hook up. I cant call it a hook set. Fish ran 3 times, and jumped 2 times.

What I found interesting was the fish took so close to the bank so that is where my eyes concentrated until that fishes first jump was literally up middle river where my initial cast landed.

One funny note. On the 3rd run, I shouted, "aww your a fucken dick" out loud at that fish. I had him in so close I really thought that was it. Nope.

I am sitting here rocking in my recliner, some weed and bourbon in my hand. Cheers everyone!
What’s the new rod? Looks cool with that Marquis reel.

Congrats again on the steelie, you’re in an elite fraternity now!

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
What’s the new rod? Looks cool with that Marquis reel.

Congrats again on the steelie, you’re in an elite fraternity now!
Sage X 7120. Xmas gift from my wife. My wife did some Witchy Pagan stuff. Candles, sage, gems, you name it. That rod got the full good juju treatment from the blessings of my wife. First run casting the new rod.
Wanted to just get out and cast the new rod and apply some new thoughtful approaches to how I approach a run.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’m tearing up. 🥲
Even though I always thought I would, I didn't. Even alone, I really did not want to make a big deal about it. I am stoked I got it done, and it being a Washington fish, and never ever booking a guide. Ill admit, I came close to calling Jim Kerr, and Mike Sterza several times. Every time I get a shuttle from Mike, i like to poke fun refer to him as "Great River Elder". "Shiiiiiiiiiit" he always says. LOL

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
I was half expecting someone to get all technical and pull some old resident rainbow theory BS they got you on years ago! :D
Oh I did! It’s extra funny with the adipose missing :LOL: