#1....

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
I’m looking at the markings and I am 100% sure that’s a resident trout. Better get back out there, man.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Thanks everyone. It was a very fun ride, and did all things that steelheads do.

First run with the new rod, but I had to work for it. Really crumby conditions, high dirty water. I still chose to stick with my new resolution of staying smaller than I think, and a little black,purple bunny leech tied on an alec jackson 5 did the trick.

The take was uneventful. Very end of the swing close to the bank. I am just about to start pulling running line and line went tight. Fish bucked a few times during initial hook up. I cant call it a hook set. Fish ran 3 times, and jumped 2 times.

What I found interesting was the fish took so close to the bank so that is where my eyes concentrated until that fishes first jump was literally up middle river where my initial cast landed.

One funny note. On the 3rd run, I shouted, "aww your a fucken dick" out loud at that fish. I had him in so close I really thought that was it. Nope.

I am sitting here rocking in my recliner, some weed and bourbon in my hand. Cheers everyone!

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Unfortunately while I understand there is a backstory to the DO saga, I’m sad to say it was before my (WFF) time and I never took the time to hunt that thread down. Regardless, congratulations.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Thanks everyone. It was a very fun ride, and did all things that steelheads do.

First run with the new rod, but I had to work for it. Really crumby conditions, high dirty water. I still chose to stick with my new resolution of staying smaller than I think, and a little black,purple bunny leech tied on an alec jackson 5 did the trick.

The take was uneventful. Very end of the swing close to the bank. I am just about to start pulling running line and line went tight. Fish bucked a few times during initial hook up. I cant call it a hook set. Fish ran 3 times, and jumped 2 times.

What I found interesting was the fish took so close to the bank so that is where my eyes concentrated until that fishes first jump was literally up middle river where my initial cast landed.

One funny note. On the 3rd run, I shouted, "aww your a fucken dick" out loud at that fish. I had him in so close I really thought that was it. Nope.

I am sitting here rocking in my recliner, some weed and bourbon in my hand. Cheers everyone!

Congrats DO. The irony of high, dirty water is the fish are easier to get at being close to the bank. Often literally under your rod tip.

flybill

Life of the Party
Dude needs to take one on top now.
That's what she said... j/k.. every time I go to the Clearwater, no matter how many times I say I shouldn't skate a fly... I do.. it's been too long since I've been out there!! To skate a few flies... :cool:

Kado

Steelhead
I bet we all remember our first!
Congrats! Probably weren't too many other crazy dudes out there with the rivers so high. My buddy got his trip cancelled. Got a lot of season left to land another too.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Be sure to show us the subsequent fudge dragon