Search results

1. Sagebrush

Rod Holders

Thanks, looks like good protection for transporting in the car
  2. Sagebrush

Rod Holders

Do you have a picture of the setup you made for rods broken down into 2 pices?
  3. Sagebrush

Best moment in rock history?

Saw Al Stewart in 80 or 81 at Gill colliseum in Corvallis. Was part of the OSU crew team ushering concerts for travel money. The stage was dark and he and his band all came out with some kind of glowing eyeballs. Very interactive with the crowd, very memorable concert and one of my favorites.
  4. Sagebrush

How to Make a Loop in Fly Line, Polyleader, or Versileader

Is this the same as using a nail knot tool?
  5. Sagebrush

Scotty glue on mounts

Finished result. This went so well, I will likely add some attachment points.
  6. 20230906_183844.jpg

20230906_183844.jpg

7. Sagebrush

Scotty glue on mounts

There are a number of youtube videos on prepping and gluing the mounts that i found helpful. I just checked and it seems to be seated really well. I will be putting it to use this weekend.
  8. Sagebrush

Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

Really well built and worth the money if you are considering one. Its been really helpful in wading the Deschutes.
  9. Sagebrush

Scotty glue on mounts

Thats pretty impressive to hold that kind of weight. I got the mount prepped and glued today. letting it sit overnight
  10. Sagebrush

What's your fishing rig?

2008 4runner with the v8. Been a dependable companion over the years. 250,000 miles and going strong
  11. 20230903_125903.jpg

20230903_125903.jpg

12. Sagebrush

A skunk and a Redneck

Hardly. Really good guy.
  13. Sagebrush

A skunk and a Redneck

I had a friend who was a guide on a popular Oregon river tell me story about a steelhead trip he did for some clients. They pulled into a campsite accesible by car which had some young guys camping. During the evening these guys got to drinking and blasting their music. My friend said he went...
  14. Sagebrush

Scotty glue on mounts

Talked with Dave Scadden, the boat is PVC, but that the HH-66 should work. I may try one of the strap on scotty mounts for the anchor, but will wait and see how the rod holder does
  15. Sagebrush

Scotty glue on mounts

Im using it for a rod holder, and then possibly for an anchor holder as well. Ive wondered about the ability to withstand pulling an anchor up as well, but ive seen plenty of pictures on the net of people are using it that way.
  16. Sagebrush

Scotty glue on mounts

Pretty sure its vinyl, but will double check
  17. Sagebrush

Scotty glue on mounts

Sounds like we have a concensus then on its ability. As for cost, its cheaper (maybe smaller quanity) than Sta-bond. Fly fishing gear overpriced, im shocked 😲! You should see the price of anything labeled as overlanding.
  18. Sagebrush

Scotty glue on mounts

I would like to add a couple of scotty glue on mounts to my scadden pontoons. I know a lot of people like Sta-bond, but that stuff is expensive. Anyone use HH-66 vinyl cement? Looking for something that i dont have to worry about holding
  19. Sagebrush

Harriet Lake

I was there several weeks ago not realizing that the road was still barricaded off. At first i was a bit angry that i might have to go back around and go up through Mt Hood, but then started looking with my Gaia phone map for alternative ways in and found the exact same road 😀. Glad i had Gaia.
  20. Sagebrush

What's in your cast iron tonight?

Barbecue chicken, pizza, nachos. A pic of the bottom of the pizza, it came out perfect. We love dutch oven cooking on our camping trips.