Scotty glue on mounts

Sagebrush

Smolt
I would like to add a couple of scotty glue on mounts to my scadden pontoons. I know a lot of people like Sta-bond, but that stuff is expensive. Anyone use HH-66 vinyl cement? Looking for something that i dont have to worry about holding

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
HH-66 works well. I used it to glue an oarlock that was coming loose on my Watermaster. But it's not cheap either.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I also have used HH-66 to glue the Scotty mounts on my Outcast frameless pontoon. Works great!

Sagebrush

Smolt
Sounds like we have a concensus then on its ability. As for cost, its cheaper (maybe smaller quanity) than Sta-bond. Fly fishing gear overpriced, im shocked 😲! You should see the price of anything labeled as overlanding.

Wade Rivers

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I would like to add a couple of scotty glue on mounts to my scadden pontoons. I know a lot of people like Sta-bond, but that stuff is expensive. Anyone use HH-66 vinyl cement? Looking for something that i dont have to worry about holding
Curious. What are you using the mount for?? Rod holder or anchor release?

Is glueing on a Scotty mount strong enough for an anchor release on a Watermaster?

Thnx

Sagebrush

Smolt
Im using it for a rod holder, and then possibly for an anchor holder as well. Ive wondered about the ability to withstand pulling an anchor up as well, but ive seen plenty of pictures on the net of people are using it that way.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Im using it for a rod holder, and then possibly for an anchor holder as well. Ive wondered about the ability to withstand pulling an anchor up as well, but ive seen plenty of pictures on the net of people are using it that way.
I would use it for securing the anchor, but I don't know about pulling the anchor.

Sagebrush

Smolt
Talked with Dave Scadden, the boat is PVC, but that the HH-66 should work.
I may try one of the strap on scotty mounts for the anchor, but will wait and see how the rod holder does

mickey rat

Vermin
I used HH-66 for motor mounts on my Outcast frameless pontoon with no issues so far. Use diligence on your preparation and you'll be fine.

Sagebrush

Smolt
I used HH-66 for motor mounts on my Outcast frameless pontoon with no issues so far. Use diligence on your preparation and you'll be fine.
Thats pretty impressive to hold that kind of weight.
I got the mount prepped and glued today. letting it sit overnight

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
Talked with Dave Scadden, the boat is PVC, but that the HH-66 should work.
I may try one of the strap on scotty mounts for the anchor, but will wait and see how the rod holder does
Glad you asked him because I was going to in the next few days.

Sagebrush

Smolt
There are a number of youtube videos on prepping and gluing the mounts that i found helpful. I just checked and it seems to be seated really well. I will be putting it to use this weekend.