A skunk and a Redneck

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I was camped on the river at a boat in site. Weather was warm, fishing was good and beer was cold. Then a young teenage girl walked into camp and said she was there to see if there was a site available. I said as long as there are no loud stereos etc. She sez no problem, I'm with my grandparents. I sez....come on down. I have a favorite radio station I listen to when I'm tying bugs. They break in between songs with little goofy messages but one of them says. Charlie (the name of the station) thanks to you my neighbors get to enjoy some wonderful music. Sound familiar?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
There's something with stupid/trashy people and feeling the need to blast their terrible music for everyone to hear. It happens everywhere. I have the joy of living by such a person. He's a guy who would never have his own house and nice things, but he inherited his mom's house behind us, and used his inheritance money to buy himself a motorcycle with a sound system, and a big sound system for his garage. So he gets on his loud motorcycle and cranks up his loud music just to cruise the neighborhood and be noticed. Then goes back home and opens the garage door for more shitty music time.

So yeah.. Same type of person.
Just now took this video from my game room couch. This is his motorcycle coming out of his garage with the music on said bike. This garage is about a hundred yards away.

At least his music choice isn't as obnoxious as it usually is.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
When my lab/shep mutt was only about 3 months old my wife and I were camping at Deception Pass State park. We were in the tent and the pooch was contently sleeping in the truck canopy. About 1am some dude came in, parked next to us and let his dog wander all over the place while he noisily set up camp for an hour. Well, my dog went ape shit. Woke up everybody within 4 or 5 site all directions for sure.

The next morning, I'm walking my mutt and as I go by this dude's site he asks "Is that the dog that was barking last night?" I said yep, somebody's dog was running all over the damn place. He was like "Oh sorry, yeah that was mine. I didn't think about others having dogs. My bad dude. Jesus, that thing sounded like Cujo!! He's just a pup and sounds like that!?" I laughed and was a little less annoyed with him.

Music gets me sometimes, but late arriving hooligans with obnoxious dogs or loud kids are more annoying to me. And don't get me going on bad fishing dogs. Haha!

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I think one thing a lot of more considerate folks don't realize is that these types often do this INTENTIONALLY. They either get their jollies from being noticed, or from pissing other people off. It's literally why they do it. You reacting to it is their end game.

Reactions: Zak

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
I think one thing a lot of more considerate folks don't realize is that these types often do this INTENTIONALLY. They either get their jollies from being noticed, or from pissing other people off. It's literally why they do it. You reacting to it is their end game.
BOOM...Exactly this. Pathetic loves company.

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I think one thing a lot of more considerate folks don't realize is that these types often do this INTENTIONALLY. They get their jollies from being noticed…
This is certainly why I do it, I need everyone on the water to know just how awesome I am at catching fish. 😂

Sagebrush

Smolt
I had a friend who was a guide on a popular Oregon river tell me story about a steelhead trip he did for some clients. They pulled into a campsite accesible by car which had some young guys camping. During the evening these guys got to drinking and blasting their music. My friend said he went over and politely asked them to turn down the music, but was met with with aggression and the music turned louder. Having clients he backed off. The young guys ended the evening late going into their tent very drunk. Early the next morning (steelheading!) my friend got their camp down, and the clients into the boat, but said he had one last thing to do. He went to the other camp, zip tied the the zippers together on the other tent, pulled their poles, banged a garbage can to wake them up and left down river. That story always puts a smile on my face when i tell it.

Dogsnfish

Steelhead
Unfortunately you probably made the guys day and he will be bragging about it to his buds. I run into this crap at work, seems some people think their space extends into everyone elses.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I had a friend who was a guide on a popular Oregon river tell me story about a steelhead trip he did for some clients. They pulled into a campsite accesible by car which had some young guys camping. During the evening these guys got to drinking and blasting their music. My friend said he went over and politely asked them to turn down the music, but was met with with aggression and the music turned louder. Having clients he backed off. The young guys ended the evening late going into their tent very drunk. Early the next morning (steelheading!) my friend got their camp down, and the clients into the boat, but said he had one last thing to do. He went to the other camp, zip tied the the zippers together on the other tent, pulled their poles, banged a garbage can to wake them up and left down river. That story always puts a smile on my face when i tell it.

What kind of guide floats into a car camp? Waking them up early is fair game, but zip ties? So they have to cut their tent? Dude sounds like a douche...

Flymph

Steelhead
Glad to see this thread ignited. Can we add irresponsible ATV/Motorcycle idiots to the list of destroying the outdoor experience? I was fishing a small, out-of-the-way stream in Alberta, CA on a favorite evening pool with some rising cutties supplying plenty of action on the EHC. Out of nowhere comes a quad ATV with two couples. Instead of taking a nearby bridge these clowns ran right through the pool I was enjoying! There were no campsites near by and only a road that continued over the bridge that they eventually got back on. As far as I could tell the bridge was structurally sound. Even if the bridge was an issue, they could have easily crossed in shallower water in another 50 ft or so. I generally hate to hear ATV/Motorcycle sounds, period, but don't make much of a fuss over it. I now have a very negative view of these folks in general and associate them with many of the posts in this thread.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Is this a good place to rant? OK then.

I was up at a high lake yesterday; not too hard to get to, around 2 hours from the road. I wasn't expecting solitude.... This family arrives, maybe two families, AND ARE TALKING AT FULL VOLUME THE WHOLE TIME THEY ARE THERE. I can clearly hear their conversation from all the way across the lake. WTF?

Phil,
You perfectly described my least favorite person, the obnoxiously loud early morning beach talker......
The only thing you can hear is them flapping their lips.
SF