Search results

1. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

Water Master Kodiak review

I've had the kodiak for a couple of years and I really wanted to wait until I took it on a 5 day camping trip before I did a review. While I wasn't actually rowing the kodiak, I did take some friends on a 5 day trip, so I got to see how it handled. Even with someone who wasn't exactly great on...
  2. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

New Video: Is winter steelheading insane?

I don't steelhead enough to be very succesfull at it and so I spend a lot of time staring at the river, thinking about why I drove all the way out here instead of to the Yak where I could've caught a bunch of fish. Thank goodness for spey casting to keep me occupied. Trying to finagle all the...
  3. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

New Video: Horse packing, backpacking, and Fly Fishing

This was trip that has been sitting partially done on my hard drives for over a year. My wife finally said I couldn't work on any new projects till I kicked this one out the door, so here it is! I really wanted to get my kids up into the alpine zones for some time now, but we just never made the...
  4. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

Riversmith Swiftcast Review on the Water Master Bruin

Rich at Water Master was interested in checking out the Riversmith Swiftcast rod holders as an option to sell on their site and sent me a couple to take on a 5 day trip down the Grande Ronde river. After the trip I put together a video on how I set it up on the Bruin and how you might set it up...
  5. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

New Video: Pink Salmon Stoke

I didn't really have any clever titles for this one, but here's a little stoke video for fishing for pinks on the Skagit! The shots in this were across several days spent up there fishing with various folks. Anyway if you aren't out fishing, hope this helps bide your time till you can get a line...
  6. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

Skagit & Pinks this weekend?

As is often with life, you sometimes have to plan far ahead to carve out some time to fish ... so I booked this weekend with friends to go fish for pinks. I think 2 years ago we went end of august and the pinks were in the river. This year it seems like it's a bit later run, and I was curious if...
  7. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

Looking for info on a DIY trip to Chile

A few years back, my wife embarked on a biking adventure in Chile with one of her friends. Now it's my turn to explore. I have both the financial means and the time to go, but I'm not interested in luxurious accommodations or fancy dining. I'm perfectly content with camping and enjoying simple...
  8. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

In search of funniest fly fishing videos

I'm trying to compile a list of funny fly fishing videos. Obviously Hank Patterson is on that list. Some of Captain Quinn's videos will be on there. What else is funny? Either intentional or not. YT links would be appreciated!
  9. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

Water Master Bruin Review after 1.5 years

So I've had my Bruin for close to 2 years now. I have done a bunch of trips with it from, day trips with 3 people, to 5 day trips with 2 kids, couple of 4 day trips withy wife, I've done a day trip with my 2 kids and 2 adults in it. It's been pretty awesome boat. I put some of my thoughts into...
  10. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

New 1 min vid: "Allow nature to teach you stillness" -Eckhart Tolle

As my parents have gotten older and had health issues, it's made me a little more introspective about my own life. I realized, that my kids who are now 11 and 13 haven't really done much alpine hiking, which I feel remiss about. So this summer we planned a trip with some friends to take the kids...
  11. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

New Video: 1 Dad, 2 Kids, 5 days on the John Day River

Back again with a very late video of our trip down the John Day river (back in June). If you have been thinking "Where do I go to do a fun trip to get my family into camping and fishing" this is the trip for you. We did Service Creek to Clarno, which has only one rapid worth paying attention...
  12. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

New Video: Cedar River Cleanup

Hey All, Here's a new video I (along with Keaton and Brian) put out to get the word out about the Cedar River cleanup event that is happening on August 6th. The cleanup is being organized by Keaton Zykowski. He has done so much work to put this together. There is a cleanup from 8am - 11am and...
  13. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

Neil Fox Rods?

I was curious if anyone has used any rods built by Neil Fox from FlyFoxTackle? I think he's out of south sound. Thanks, Mark
  14. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

New Video: Guide's Day Off

Got to tag along with Jason on his day off. We broke out the water master grizzlys to tackle all the downed trees. While the fishing wasn't hot, we got into a few nice players, and it's always fun floating ad fishing. Spring has definitely sprung on the river, lots of new buds overtaking last...
  15. TheFlyFishingFilmmaker

My 5 favorite winter flies (aka Boots edition)

Tried to take some inspiration from Boot's filmmaking thread and put it into this otherwise typical "my favorite winter flies" YouTube video. :D