Water Master Bruin Review after 1.5 years

So I've had my Bruin for close to 2 years now. I have done a bunch of trips with it from, day trips with 3 people, to 5 day trips with 2 kids, couple of 4 day trips withy wife, I've done a day trip with my 2 kids and 2 adults in it. It's been pretty awesome boat. I put some of my thoughts into video review, in case anyone is interested. I have not had a chance to row any of the other 2 person boats like the stealth 2.0, nrs slipstream, catcher craft sea run bull, etc. But it's a pretty good time to be looking at boats. So many different options. I should also ad I do some video work for water master, so while Im not sponsored or anything, I do have a working relationship with WM. I have also been a WM owner for over 20 years. So I'm probably biased ... so take everything with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

BDD

Steelhead
Be happy to loan you the SRB for a review...if we can ever catch up with orders. I would be curious to hear the comparison after the fact as well, from an objective angler with a non-biased opinion. Same goes for the WM and the Freestone.

Be happy to loan you the SRB for a review...if we can ever catch up with orders. I would be curious to hear the comparison after the fact as well, from an objective angler with a non-biased opinion. Same goes for the WM and the Freestone.
That would be really cool. I think as a consumer it's really hard to get hands on with different rafts. It's mostly reading forum posts (usually from people that have rowed only 1 or 2 of the rafts you are considering) or content produced by each rafting company. Then you have publications that charge rafting companies to include them in an article. It's really hard to get in depth unbiased reviews on fishing rafts. I did look at the SRB when I was looking to get a raft, but one reason I ended up passing was the whole covid backlog ... but I wish I could've tried them all out side by side! As an aside Flycraft definitely seems to have all the other companies beat on the marketing side, from social media presence, constant drip of videos films, etc. Email marketing, etc. I'd be curious to know what the ROI is on all that.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So I've had my Bruin for close to 2 years now. I have done a bunch of trips with it from, day trips with 3 people, to 5 day trips with 2 kids, couple of 4 day trips withy wife, I've done a day trip with my 2 kids and 2 adults in it. It's been pretty awesome boat. I put some of my thoughts into video review, in case anyone is interested. I have not had a chance to row any of the other 2 person boats like the stealth 2.0, nrs slipstream, catcher craft sea run bull, etc. But it's a pretty good time to be looking at boats. So many different options. I should also ad I do some video work for water master, so while Im not sponsored or anything, I do have a working relationship with WM. I have also been a WM owner for over 20 years. So I'm probably biased ... so take everything with a grain of salt.

Great review man. I also really enjoyed your John Day video. Well done Dad! That's the good stuff.

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
I've enjoyed your review Mark, and all your videos of the family. You do a very nice job in post production.

I too have a Bruin now, but, haven't had as much use as Mark. I really appreciate the ease of packing it up, and breaking down the frame for transport.