Search results

1. A

UV Resin

I have not ever used it, don't know much about the different kinds available, but have been thinking of giving it a try. The uv lights vary in price a lot, like 14 to 75 bucks. What's difference. Are the higher priced lights worth the cost?
  2. A

Alaska in September

My wife and I will be going to Anchorage in early to mid September and I will have a few days to head out for some fishing while she is visiting with her friend. If anybody has any suggestions about fishing that time of year I would love to hear it. I'm thinking maybe dolly varden and grayling...
  3. A

Favorite Chironomid Patterns

In eastern WA I have had good luck with chromies and simple patterns I tie with black v-rib, but I have found these patterns don't work as well for me on the west side. About 15 years ago I had some yellow chironomids I bought up in BC that worked great at Pass Lake. I tied some up that were...
  4. A

Favorite materials for parachute posts

What do you like to use for posts on parachute style dry flies? I have tried poly yarn, calf tail, foam, and turkey flats. I like the look of the calf tail but find it easier to tie with the poly yarn and foam. Anybody have any other materials they like?
  5. A

Searuns

One thing I would like to get better at is fishing Puget Sound beaches for cutthroat. So I have a few questions: Is spring generally the best time of year? I have heard of people catching SRCs throughout the sound and strait but it seems like I hear mostly about people fishing for them in the...
  6. A

Fishing and weather

I have fished in most any kind of weather imaginable. My least favorite is high winds, but over the years I have noticed that I often have unusually good fishing right after a rainstorm. I have had days when fishing in the rain and it has just been dead, then the rain stops and its game on. Not...