Search results

1. D

Wanted WTB - Beulah Opal G2 Single Hand 9' 10wt w foregrip

Anybody have one of these collecting dust they would be interested in selling?
  2. D

Man I Love to Fish

Last year, my brother-in-law's son got interested in fly fishing. So I organized a trip to South Twin lake to take him out in a float tube and show him the basic basics of fly fishing. It sort of snowballed, and it ended up being me, my wife, daughter, brother-in-law and his son going. My...
  3. D

Fishing Buddy 1101

Very slowly cleaning out the garage. Found a Fishing Buddy 1101 in the bottom of a bin. Hasn't been used in 10 years or so, but worked fine back then. Broke the handle off at some point, has a vinyl patch over the hole. Free for pickup in Portland.
  4. D

Cabela's Child Waders (CLAIMED now, thx)

Gone to a new home!
  5. D

Sage DS 5wt, broken tip

Not really a pay it forward deal, but if anyone wants to take a shot at repairing a Sage DS 5 wt, I have a one with a broken tip for pick-up in Portland.
  6. D

Broken Sage DS

I have a Sage DS, 2 piece 5 wt, that is broken about a foot from the tip. I haven't used it in years, but loaned it to a friend who was starting to get into fly fishing... Sage charges $195 to repair (plus shipping). I hate to throw out a rod, but it doesn't seem worth paying that to repair a...
  7. D

Non-Fly Pacific City - Good idea or bad idea?

I have an urge to get out and catch some rockfish - haven't fished for them since I was a kid in Puget Sound. I've seen Youtube videos of folks launching kayaks at Pacific City and going a little ways out with good success. But I don't have a kayak. I do have an Outback Stealth Pro pontoon...
  8. D

FS $275 - Simms Large Freestone Front Zipper (Z) Waders

Almost new - used once or twice by my wife when someone misplaced her waders - but you can't tell they have ever been in the water. I had originally gotten these to use once my other waders wore out, but now I don't fit into them. New these waders sell for $400. Shipping in the US included in price.
  9. D

Setting up a Euro rod

I was the lucky winner of an Echo Shadow II 10' 3wt in the Bronco/Seahawks passing yards contest (thanks again PNW!) back in September. I want to set it up as a Euro nymphing rod, but I haven't done this style of fishing before. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on reels and line for...
  10. D

St. Croix Legend Ultra 5wt 10'

St. Croix Legend Ultra 5 wt, 10' Model U1005.4 with tube. Four piece. I've always used this as my stillwater indicator rod. Rod is in good shape - it's been used a bit and has some strange cosmetic scratches on each section (see picture) - not sure how I did that. $200, including shipping. Paypal.