Search results

1. B

vices?

What you have with the Price vise is a base clamp that can hold on 1/8 thick material or the ubiquitous forest service table that is 6 inches thick.
  2. B

What's in your vise?

That’s a good example, Except the hook he is asking about and showing is a jig hook.
  3. B

Regal Vise

Buzzy, take a look at the jaws end of the vise hood, there may be cracks that weaken the jaws. I've had a couple of jaws over the past 30 + years that had this problem. Sent them back to Regal, used to be free but you can get a replacement set of jaws for $50. Their web site has all the mailing...
  4. B

NW Fly Tyer & Fly Fishing Expo - March 8-9 in Albany, OR - We will be there!

I had several young tyers stop by and ask good questions. I also had an “older” lady that claimed she couldn’t learn how to tie because she was old and her hands hurt. I expect to see her next year showing some flies.
  5. B

Good scheduling, I can watch you both times !
  6. B

Heading west tomorrow, tying middle session both days. Been at the show every year and tying all but two, thanks to Alec Jackson. It’s a long ways from Spokompton.
  7. B

Blob Flies!

How about these
  8. 4AD06486-BAFB-4BEB-A059-2AF8EA8440C9.jpeg

4AD06486-BAFB-4BEB-A059-2AF8EA8440C9.jpeg

9. B

What's in your vise?

Try dubbing wax on your fingers, it gives you better traction. Another thing to do is sparse amounts of ice dub, like you would do for a dry fly that way you’ll get better traction on the dubbing,
  10. B

What's in your vise?

All bead manufacture‘s seem to have runs where the hole is smaller. Never seen the production but it happens. Try that bead on a smaller hook, it might fit but would not look good.
  11. B

Favorite Chironomid Hooks?

Daiichi 1150, 1760. Both heavy wire.
  12. B

Ilwaco fire today

That looks like the old Bumblebee plant
  13. B

Just leaving this here - not to start anything

Not balmy on the east side, started at 1 now up to a toasty 4, with wind chill below 0.
  14. B

Lafontaine's yarn?

Check with Al and Gretchen Beatty, they worked with Gary for quite a while.
  15. B

Support Your Local Fly Shop

Grouse is my favorite “soft hackle”.
  16. B

any recent intel on Rocky Ford?

If Trout Lodge is pumping poop into the creek they are in violation of their waste discharge permit (NPDES) issued by the state Dept. of Ecology.
  17. B

Tire chemicals and coho

Anyone remember the Everett tire fire ? Contaminants are still found.
  18. B

Rod Building Decorative Ribbon Wrap

The wrap material used to be available wherever rod building materials were found. I don’t think I’ve seen it in thirty years.
  19. B

NFR Acupuncture

Tried the chiropractor for back issue. Didnt have any change. Went to physiatrist, he wanted an mri. Results, pinched nerve in lumbar. Everything the chiropractor tried made it worse.