Just leaving this here - not to start anything

ifsteve

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Its been wet and windy in the Bay the yesterday. Roads were flooded and impassable last night but it quickly dropped as the tide went out. Wind this afternoon going to be crazy. But hopefully back after dem reds tomorrow.

Bass-O-Matic

Life of the Party
I have lived atop both White and Snocrummie passes either running groomers or as night janitor so I could ski every day. I’ve seen years where skiing didn’t get goin till mid/ late January. Spent 25 years as an irrigator on a ranch where snowpack and reservoirs were critical. Eventually it became clear that worrying about snow or water was a waste of time till at least the end of February. I can recall getting an entire seasons worth of snow in little more than two weeks mid March. If I were to be concerned it would be over 2023 being the warmest year ever.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/09/climate/temperature-rise-2023-climate-copernicus-intl/index.html
You can have plenty of water but if it is so warm you shouldn’t fish we’re screwed anyway 😭
1704813241979.jpeg

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
About 6 more inches last night! The wind is brutal cold today. I guess it's a sit at the bench type of day!

Attachments

• 20240112_121943.jpg
    20240112_121943.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240112_095715.jpg
    20240112_095715.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240112_115541.jpg
    20240112_115541.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 10

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I drove from Long Beach Peninsula (Oysterville) today through the Gorge. Started out at 31 at the beach, 37 in Portland, then the temperature dropped like a rock through the Gorge. First came freezing rain, then blowing snow and black ice. Several wrecks near The Dalles (people need to slow down) and then temperatures hovering around and below 10 degrees on the east side. Glad to be home. It’s about 9 outside now and a nice 72 degrees in the house. Planning on staying inside this weekend….

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Here at my winter quarters on the Little Spokane River it got down to -11 on Friday night but warmed up to -6 on Saturday. It stayed below zero all day Saturday. I'm staying inside until I see 20 degrees again, possibly mid week.

I seem to be in the perfect spot, after having cold feet since I was frostbitten on Mt McKinley in 1967, my apartment has heated floors so I am not fighting the usual winter discomfort of perpetually cold toes. In fact, proofing pizza dough yesterday, I put the covered bowl on the tile floor of the bathroom for 3 hours at an ideal temp for the dough to raise!

Heavy snow predicted by the end of the week-Oh Joy!

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Here at my winter quarters on the Little Spokane River it got down to -11 on Friday night but warmed up to -6 on Saturday. It stayed below zero all day Saturday. I'm staying inside until I see 20 degrees again, possibly mid week.

I seem to be in the perfect spot, after having cold feet since I was frostbitten on Mt McKinley in 1967, my apartment has heated floors so I am not fighting the usual winter discomfort of perpetually cold toes. In fact, proofing pizza dough yesterday, I put the covered bowl on the tile floor of the bathroom for 3 hours at an ideal temp for the dough to raise!

Heavy snow predicted by the end of the week-Oh Joy!
Ive -
I'm happy you've found a nice place to over winter and not have to deal with digging out up in Ione! Enjoy. (I wish the rental we're in had heated floors).

Be well/Pat

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well @_WW_ it is getting close and my wife is doing some "test" baking and I am doing some "test" eating... so far everything is passing the taste test!

44 days!

Sourdough discard starter Oatmeal raisins... (healthier for my gut health - not waist line haha)
20240117_121013.jpg20240117_121153.jpg

Pecan pie cake...
20240117_132151~2.jpg
20240117_131526.jpg

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Even though it's right in the middle of steelhead season I'll make it over for a few days. Probably roll in with my chocolate chips and green chiros the afternoon of the 6th. Maybe I'll ask her to whip up something else for trade too!

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well @_WW_ it is getting close and my wife is doing some "test" baking and I am doing some "test" eating... so far everything is passing the taste test!

44 days!

Sourdough discard starter Oatmeal raisins... (healthier for my gut health - not waist line haha)
View attachment 100034View attachment 100035

Pecan pie cake...
View attachment 100036
View attachment 100037
The oatmeal ones last year were friggin delicious! Not sure I can compete, but will bring something to barter with. Haha!