Search results

1. Bulldollyhuman

Question about Skagit/Sauk river

My time in WA is ending soon, so would like to explore Skagit/Sauk river. I am looking for the boat launches since it looks easy to access. Could you please recommend me some well-known accesses? (not secret place anymore) I'm considering to book a guided trip also. Thanks in advance
  2. Bulldollyhuman

SOLD Sold Cannondale Synapse Sora Disc 2018 (Road bicycles, frame size 56cm)

I'm going back my home country soon. So would like to sell my bike. This is a great endurance road bike for long distance riding and commuting. For someone who wants an entry level endurance road bicycles this would be perfect. Originally bought from Montlake bicycles shop in Seattle (2019...
  3. Bulldollyhuman

SOLD Looking for a full frame spey reel

I thought my Danielsson goes well with Echo TR6126 but it is too light for this rod. Looking for a full frame spey reel something like SA system 2 1213 with budget < $150 An ugly reel of weight around 9 oz. which can contain 30lb 200yd + 50m lazar running line + 400~500gr head would be great...
  4. Bulldollyhuman

SOLD (found!) Affordable spey rod in 6~7 wt and Scandi head

Hello, I am looking for an affordable spey rod for Scandinavian style casting and a Scandi head. I would like to throw 450~500 gr Scandi head, so now considering some rods like Redington Dually 2 7126, Echo TR 6126, 7130 or equivalent one and suitable Scandi head. I don't care much about the...
  5. Bulldollyhuman

Mayfly and

Today I went hiking to watch river flow, the S river and saw these guys. Could someone identify these Mayfly and some aquatic insect? (Maybe caddis larvae?)
  6. Bulldollyhuman

Asking central Oregon fly patterns

My mentor, my boss will be retiring soon. I would like to tie some files for him. He has a second house in Oregon and likes some lakes nearby his house. I think he usually floats by using kayak. Could you please recommend me some fly patterns working in mid-east Oregon? Thanks in advance!
  7. Bulldollyhuman

Question about the fishing in Germany

Does someone know the fishing rule in Germany? I will be visiting Frankfurt from this autumn season and would like to fish there. Hope someone share information about the rules, accesses, license, etc. Many thanks in advance!
  8. Bulldollyhuman

Beginner's fly tying question thread

I have tons of stupid questions so let me start first. Last evening i was watching OPST tying videos and realized they are using a fancy shank tool. Searched it and got shocked by the price (and not available this moment) Can I use the tube fly tool (available at some online stores and...
  9. Bulldollyhuman

Which feathers do you use for crustacean eyes?

Jungle cock feathers are too expensive. Could you please recommend some alternatives?
  10. Bulldollyhuman

Echo classic 6wt switch and shooting head

I bought one setup from WFF member and love these! A little bit heavy but that's ok since I am practicing skagit casting. Two different shooting head I tried: OPST commando head 300gr (15ft) and Airflo skagit scout 360 gr (16ft). Both works well but, in my opinion, the heavy and intense one...
  11. Bulldollyhuman

Asking river recommendation for skagit casting practice

I booked a guided trip in OP and hope to practice casting before visiting there. Problem is, I don't know opened river near Seattle. Upper Sky will be closed soon... Could you please recommend some riversides opened for fishing? I don't like to go through Snoqualmie pass. It's scary :(
  12. Bulldollyhuman

Question about the fly rod and line weight system

I have a 3wt 10-foot nymphing rod and wf 4wt line works fine on this rod. And have a 6wt 11-foot switch rod and people says wf 8wt line would be nice for this rod. Two-handed system is relatively OK since I can estimate the combinations from the grain window of rod and gr/feet of the sink tip...
  13. Bulldollyhuman

FS Orvis safe passage chip pack (chest, waist pack)

I bought this for $79 from Orvis homepage and used for mountain stream fishing. Small, but good enough storage for the light games (approx. 5L if I remember correctly). Still good condition so I evaluate the current value this pack as $40. Prefer off-line deal near Seattle area. +$5 for...
  14. Bulldollyhuman

Downsized spey pattern (Lady Caroline?)

First time for the bronze mallard wing... size 4 streamer hook. Hope fishes in Puget sound like this.