Search results

1. K

A Water Seal in the Sunshine

I hope you have a framed collection of your flies.
  2. K

SOLD! My Neighbor's Boat

Ahh good. Hopefully the new owner can maybe bring Larry up to the BC lakes again.
  3. K

SOLD! My Neighbor's Boat

Well, I didn't get a chance to talk with Larry, but I did with his wonderful wife. I am going to have to pass for now on this boat as I believe I will be spending a chunk of change on a couple yard hydrants that seem to be leaking. If still available after that, I will get back into the...
  4. K

SOLD! My Neighbor's Boat

I will be contacting Larry tomorrow. If sold in the meantime, totally understand.
  5. K

SOLD! My Neighbor's Boat

I'm assuming the trailer can take freeway speeds? I've got lots of probably very dumb questions.
  6. K

SOLD! My Neighbor's Boat

I'll start working on the wife......If sells in the meantime....God's way of keeping my marriage going.
  7. K

SOLD! My Neighbor's Boat

I know nothing about boats, outboard motors, or trailers.....or how to back up a trailer : ). I am looking for a lake boat for two people. I'd fish Mayfield, central OR lakes, and hopefully Hebgen etc. Is this a good 'beginner' boat? Mark
  8. K

Looking for Rod tube for CND 3 icee 14ft Spey rod

I bet a rod tube costs about one third that anyways... I would see the old thread about making your own rod tubes. I've had great luck with that light weight black tubing, and it stays subtle in the back seat of my truck while I'm fishing.
  9. K

Rod Building The Rod Building Thread

I'm thinking of making a wading staff out of a reject butt section I made for a bamboo spey rod. If the foam was a little proud of the cork, do you think it would help with grip? What do you think of durability of the foam? BTW....got to use your wading staff on the OP a couple weeks...
  10. K

Panama

I don't know..... Brute doesn't seem to be going hungry or missing out on too many local flavors.
  11. K

Panama

All the food looks great! Do you have to be careful what you eat or drink to prevent getting sick? You travel to other tropical countries quite a bit so respect your opinion. I love local foods but hate intestinal problems...especially while vacationing. Thanks, Mark
  12. K

A wet, windy week at Patagonian BaseCamp, Chile in mid-March

What a great and memorable way to spend a birthday. Thanks so much for sharing and informing us of this area of the world.
  13. K

Lake craft recommendation

flyfishfood had a youtube promo on the stealth pro. He both stands and kneels on it. I stand on my Hobie Compass a lot on lakes and if a calm day on the sound. Love seeing the flash and color of the fish down deep when bringing them in. I do wear a drysuit though....just in case I take a...
  14. K

Lake craft recommendation

Have any of you stood while fishing from a Stealth Pro? The promo says you can do that.... Thanks
  15. K

Tom Fulk RIP

I had the pleasure of building a three piece version of his 'London Flats' taper down in Ascension Bay. Caught my first ever bonefish with it. So much fun. The guide was even more excited than I was seeing a grass rod catching bonefish. Nice to put a face to the rod's taper. Always sad to...
  16. K

My latest rod

Beautiful rod Mike.
  17. K

Frigid Hoh!

Ahhhh.....love the OP! Hopefully you'll land one next time out.
  18. K

NFR Humor

I've sent my daughters some of your jokes....as soon as they see that you posted it....they roll their eyes : ).
  19. K

Puget Sound Fly Shop Anniversary

Congrats to Matt. Place was really lively and the BBQ smelled great! Thank you to Charles for spending time explaining some of the reasoning behind his beautiful steelhead flies.
  20. K

Repairing spliced rod tip

This happened with one of my splice joints.....probably knocked it on the garage floor... I glued with Tightbond and wrapped with white silk thread...then varnished. Very slight raised area, but not noticeble either visibly or with my casting ability. I bet Mike or Steve has a better way though.