Lake craft recommendation

Kado

Steelhead
Not sure where would be a stable place to stand, on the seat? I have enough trouble standing on solid ground when casting. 😄
Maybe there is an option of some type of support bar, any pictures from the promo?
flyfishfood had a youtube promo on the stealth pro. He both stands and kneels on it. I stand on my Hobie Compass a lot on lakes and if a calm day on the sound. Love seeing the flash and color of the fish down deep when bringing them in. I do wear a drysuit though....just in case I take a dip....which I have : ).

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I did come across the picture below - don't know the source - of a guy standing on a small Fish Cat Scout. He appears to have his fins on. I have a Fish Cat Scout and have no doubt that the Scout and certainly the Stealth Pro would be stable enough to let you do this. But at 67, I'm like @Islander and can find enough ways to stumble and fumble my way around on dry land without feeling the need to try this out on the water!

View attachment 108010
Yup...and no PFD!

Casting sitting down just ain't that difficult....and far less likely to spook fish.

RCF

Life of the Party
I did come across the picture below - don't know the source - of a guy standing on a small Fish Cat Scout. He appears to have his fins on. I have a Fish Cat Scout and have no doubt that the Scout and certainly the Stealth Pro would be stable enough to let you do this. But at 67, I'm like @Islander and can find enough ways to stumble and fumble my way around on dry land without feeling the need to try this out on the water!

View attachment 108010
Obviously the secret to standing up is the lack of a PFD to throw one off balance...

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter

View attachment 108010
That picture is a recipe for, at best, an exercise in swimming and getting back onto the seat and heading for the truck. (PFD?).

To the OP, there simply isn't one boat that fits an anglers every need. Someone mentioned the practicality of finning with both hands free: so true. Try to take a leak in any of these "pontoon" or frameless boats while still floating? Hope you can swim, right Ira? I miss my 8' Bucks Bronco for the comfort of my butt out of the water, oars to get to and from somewhere relatively fast, and fins for both hands free. My Fat Cat is a bitching fishing machine, it's slow and even though my butt's not in the water, the posterior of my waders get wet so this time of year I need shore breaks not only to take a leak but to warm up. Then there's "Shoal Man", my 8' pram. I used to transport it in the bed of my truck but getting the boat back up a steep bank and into the bed of the truck ended up with me at the chiropractor. I found a trailer, that helps a lot (except at this lousy, rough, good for nothing boat launch):

DSCF1697.JPG

I really like being able to stand up when I'm anchored - at 74, I'm still somewhat stable and haven't (as yet? 🤞) fallen overboard. I don't have to go to shore for leak breaks.

Good luck!!

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Shore-breaks? A serious stillwater flyfisher is catheritized to eliminate such need.

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
My journey started with a float tube on a warm July lake. My most productive area on this neighborhood lake was a half hour kick away. Definitely not mobile enough..I used it on lakes with walk-in access. Bought a pontoon. Mobility was much improved. I live near lakes that don't freeze over, so I do alot of winter fishing. I would try to keep legs on the pegs out of the water. I used an anchor but it would still spin around in a breeze. I'd freeze in the Winter. Finally bought a pram. It works best for me. Like Buzzy, I'll probably end up with a trailer but for now I can just use my truck bed. It's nice not having to deal with waders and I can get in and out of it without getting my feet wet...