Search results

1. D

Family Trip for MF Salmon Question

Coming off a Smith River trip last year, I’m going to start putting in for a MF Salmon permit. That being said, I’m considering going the outfitter route for two reasons: 1) our kids are getting to the perfect age for a trip like this 2) While my wife, daughter and one son can hang on most...
  2. D

St Marten Guides

Heading there in 2 weeks on a last minute trip, search for guides turns up basically nothing. Anyone have any experience down there?
  3. D

Need Multiple Guide Recommendations for MX and T&C

I find myself in the enviable position of going on a couple of trips to Punt Mita, MX and Turks and Cacos in March. Internet sleuthing on guides didn’t turn up much and they aren’t featured with Yellowdog or The Fly Shop. So here I am knocking on the door of this knowledgeable group of...
  4. D

A Smith River Odyssey

For those following the Smith River Question thread, I drew a Smith permit for a launch on 5.2 so I wanted to follow up with a report/ blog about the awesome experience…it’s not short but it’s a trip report 😁 Everyone in our group of 10 do not live in MT so that added some complexities when...
  5. D

St Simon Island Guide Recommendation

Going to be down there at the end of March, plan to take my son out for the day to go after some reds. Any recommendations from folks that have spent time down there? My son is 11yrs old and a competent fly caster but he’s still a kid so looking for a guide that isn’t too harsh/ works well...