St Simon Island Guide Recommendation

Deansie

Steelhead
Going to be down there at the end of March, plan to take my son out for the day to go after some reds. Any recommendations from folks that have spent time down there? My son is 11yrs old and a competent fly caster but he’s still a kid so looking for a guide that isn’t too harsh/ works well with everyone.

Google search turns up a few, Cpt. Dave Edens w/ Fly Cast Charters is the leader in the clubhouse right now.

kmudgn

Steelhead
Because of work, I spent a few weeks of time over a long stretch of years in all seasons in the Brusnwick/St. Simons Island area. I did fish from several beaches and piers plus some additional fishing at Jekyll island. In all the time I spent there I never saw another fly fisher and never saw a fly fishing guide. There were numerous charter boats and many people bait/spin fishing for channel cats off the causeway bridge. I never caught any reds myself, but did on rare occasion get some stripers and false albacore. The last time I was there was about 10 years ago, so maybe there are some fly fishers now, I just don't know.