Search results

1. BDD

Catchercraft is Retiring

Catchercraft will be retiring at the end of 2023, after 12 years and a great run. Ken Rambow built his first boat frame in 1988, the year I graduated from high school. Close to two thousand boat frames 35 years later, Ken will (mostly) be hanging up his welding mask to pursue other endeavors...
  2. BDD

OMJ Tribute-"Usless Report on Skinny Water"

Meeting today went through lunch and we got done about 1:10 PM. Skies looked dark but that might help with the mayfly hatch I told myself. I heard there were a few March Browns on the Yakima so I thought I'd give it a shot. I grabbed my 379 LL that I have not used in awhile, 3 weight reel with...
  3. BDD

Fishing License

Going to vent here a little bit and potentially see if it is a problem with just me or does it impact others as well. I'm not sure what it is about fishing licenses but I struggle with keeping and finding them throughout the year. My day was jammed packed with chores today but since Snoqualmie...
  4. BDD

Small Compact Tackle Boxes

Just got back from our annual trip to the Kenai. Lots of nice fish and bears...good trip overall. But that is not the point of my post. I have used (for a number of years) small, compact clear plastic tackle boxes to keep hooks, split shot, beads, swivels, and other small items. I start out...
  5. BDD

Raft/NRS Frame

For Sale: 10.5' self bailing raft with drop stitch floor and 3-person NRS fishing frame, anchor system, Cataract oars, rod holders, and other features as shown. Everything is new, currently located in Ellensburg, WA. $3750. Can be shipped if needed for extra. Correspondence will be slower than...
  6. BDD

Freestone Kayak

What?
  7. BDD

NFR Oscars: Smith vs. Rock

Yeah, there are probably lots like me that did not watch the Oscars but I have been interested in the slap from Smith to Rock from a sociological perspective. My take on it was both were wrong and both probably owe the other an apology (apparently Smith later apologized to Rock). I find a lot of...
  8. BDD

Hyside Mini Max 10.5' Self Bailing Raft

Posting this for a friend and former guide Rod Griffin. Rod spent many years guiding the Yakima, Wenatchee, Methow, Okanogan, and other places. He bought this from us back in 2018 but between he and I, I bet this has not been used more than half a dozen times. Rod recently moved out of the...
  9. BDD

Favorite WA Stillwater Region?

I have been giving some thought as to which region is the best for lake fishing. Of course, the definition of the best is relative. Does that mean the largest? Least pressured? Most variety? Best for dries? Or simply the best place to catch the most fish? I generally think of four regions for...
  10. BDD

Home Made Truck Camper

Anybody ever make one? Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions? I have been looking for a truck camper for awhile but I have found a few problems I'm trying to get around. I would be looking to use this during spring, summer, and fall so no need for hard core winter camping. 1. I don't need heat...
  11. BDD

Steelhead Gear-Spoons, Drift Bobbers, Vintage Old-School Stuff

I am minimizing my gear and therefore have some stuff for sale. I'm keeping some of this same gear for myself but don't need the quantities that I currently have so there may be someone out there that has a use for or collects this stuff. Or not...who knows. Considering the activity on the gear...
  12. BDD

Simms Boot Studs-Product Review

I had a plastic cup of these for years but they sat on the shelf going unused while I slipped around wading the river. After slipping around in rubber soled boot foot waders for years, I finally put them in today. I was short so I ran down to the Worley Bugger to see if they had more, which they...
  13. BDD

Catchercraft Product Review Contest

I was hoping to generate a little traffic to the Watercraft/Sonar forum by posting this. I first put it on our FB page and afterwards thought it might be fun to post here too. If this is frowned upon, in bad taste, or flat out against the rules, please feel free to delete. We are enjoying some...
  14. BDD

Classifieds

I was going to comment that the Classifieds section seems to be lagging a bit, which in the old days, that was one of the more busy and popular forums. Then I saw the note in the bottom right suggesting a minimum number of posts needs to be recorded before you can post, which makes perfect sense...