Search results

1. BriGuy

Chinook Salmon Arriving at Tumwater Falls

If you are in the South Sound area over the next two weeks, you can see the Chinook salmon in the Deschutes river and Tumwater Falls hatchery. I stopped by today and saw several staged in the river and quite a few in the hatchery holding tanks. I spoke to the hatchery manager who said that they...
  2. BriGuy

You might want to avoid Munn Lake

For those of you thinking of fishing Munn Lake (a Thurston County CnR lake), you may wish to reconsider. The water is green and there are lots of floating weed mats -- especially in the bays and along the shoreline. Sure, you may think I'm pulling your chain to get you to stay away and let me...
  3. BriGuy

Rainbow Trout Mating Seasons

Instead of watching the first half of the Seahawks game, I went to a fish a local lake. I was only on the water for about 2 hours, and I caught this chunky male rainbow and another like it within the first 6 casts: I know they were males in mating season because they both had hooked lower...
  4. BriGuy

Rod breaker?

Imagine hooking this on your 5 weight stocker rod. https://www.outdoorlife.com/fishing/lake-havasu-sunfish/?utm_medium=syndication&utm_source=msnarticles What a pig!