Search results

1. Scottybs

A Kiwi Layover

I’m not the most artistic writer, I’m way too concrete so I’ll keep it short. I had an Auckland layover a couple weeks ago so instead of opting to hang around town for 54 hours, I headed southwest down to the Tongariro River for a full day. Given it had been raining heavily on the drive down the...
  2. Scottybs

Hyde Drop off

I’ve been needing to get my old Hyde into Idaho Falls for a complete overhaul in addition to moving my old truck down to the bay area as my airport car for work, why not combine the trips and fish? So… 2 weeks ago I set out with a friend for the first part of the journey, and camped out at Rocky...
  3. Scottybs

San Juan

Snuck down to the San Juan for a few days with my buddies. Nymphing was a a bit slow but dead drifting leaches at times proved fruitful along with one morning of midge dry fly action. Fishing the colder months is always much more pleasurable as those who know the ethics of the sport are out...
  4. Scottybs

SA Mastery GPX WF-8F

Never fished, been collecting dust. $25 shipped
  5. Scottybs

Galvan Reel Repair

Had my old R-8 serviced due to the drag starting to fail and some rust formation. Galvan rebuilt the drag assembly with all new parts. 2 weeks door to door. Quick.
  6. Scottybs

Redington Behemoth 9/10 w/ Extra Spool

Lightly used Redington Behemoth 9/10 with extra spool. Fished a couple times and the spool is new never fished. $110 shipped.
  7. Scottybs

Andros Island Bonefish Club

On my way home from spending 6 nights at the Andros Island Bonefish Club. A wonderful time, ended up going out 4 days with a guide and 1 day DIY hopping on their kayak for a very short paddle across the channel. Caught plenty of bones, a decent Barracuda, and some others. Sharkey ended up taking...
  8. Scottybs

Favorite Fly Line Manufacturer

Who’s your favorite and why? I’ve been happy with the life of my Airflo lines.
  9. Scottybs

New Toy

Toccoa Rod Box… $600 https://www.toccoaguidegear.com/product-page/toccoa-rod-box Overall decent, bummed they didn’t disclose “Made in China.” Some nicks in the powder coat so I applied rustoleum to cover up and also painted the silver rivets black to match better. Despite the imperfections...
  10. Scottybs

Look What I Found

Had a lunch date with the wifey yesterday and stopped at The Confluence Fly Shop after... look what I found. 🤩🤩🤩
  11. Scottybs

Rocky Ford lately?

Anyone pick off any ticks or step on any snakes recently? Taking my 5 and 7 year olds over next week for a spring break of fly fishing, hotel swimming and hotel room Legos. In all seriousness.... any rattlers out? Small scuds and leeches recommended? Thanks, Scott
  12. Scottybs

Simms Oceantek 14

Used Simms Oceantek 14’s $70 + shipping... lots of life left.
  13. Scottybs

O?!k Lake Advice

Anyone care to share their thoughts/Techniques for Lahcutts in the above lake? I have a week of vacation in April, thinking of camping there as well. PM’s would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Scott
  14. Scottybs

Favorite Fly Shops

So... I try to visit a fly shop anywhere I end up. Some of my favorites La Maison de la Mouche- Paris Sansui- Tokyo Serious Fly Fishing- Kiel, Germany East Rosebuds- Billings Lund’s Fly Shop- River Falls, WI Trout’s Fly Shop- Denver The Drift Fly Shop- Pueblo Last the hometown shop: The...
  15. Scottybs

Your bucket list

Care to share? Christmas Island Mongolia Jurassic Lake Kamchatka