Search results

1. G

NFR 2024 Garden and Growing Things thread

hey capt. i just moved to vancouver. is there a nursery u would recommend? tomatoe starts are of interest. will grow from seeds next year.
  2. G

Kiritimati (aka Christmas Island) Report - Sunset Horizon Lodge and Korean Wreck

thx for the excellent TR and pics. did you guys book thru a local shop? miss that place,. will go back one way or another. go
  3. G

New Video: Horse packing, backpacking, and Fly Fishing

we didnt take fly rods. very beautiful lake/area. we just hung out, ate our snacks, and headed back down. should have brought more water ! a day or two later we were hiking up the main lake right before the pac crest trail and ran into a medium sized bear. it was munching on huckleberries...
  4. G

New Video: Horse packing, backpacking, and Fly Fishing

hey bud. my gal and i did the same trip about 5 yrs ago. used three peaks outfitters - they were great. we stayed at the lower lake, and day hiked, out and about. we did the upper lake like you did - wholly cow, that was a hike, and we only had day packs on. i lost count of the number of...
  5. G

Christmas island recommendations?

which 'lodge' did u use ? were they into chumming? thx. greg
  6. G

Contemplating a Tacoma outfit…

good luck with your pursuit. i just sold a full size gmc, and earlier a ATC shell model. this was a great combo. with full size truck, u get a bit bigger camper, which is nice. plus the truck got excellent mileage, and drove great.
  7. G

Sometimes it's a "useless" report

nice pics. good for you on getting out.
  8. G

coho

nice !
  9. G

Questions about older rods

epic makes some great fiberglas rods. i bought the 5 wt kit, and made one back at the start of covid hibernating. i wish i had made a salt, or steelhead version.
  10. G

A Kiwi Layover

Thx for the TR. if you were there longer - do you have other river recomendations ?
  11. G

Raft Anchor Questions

i would think the pyramid would be fine, unless u are parking in swifter water. i quit hanging the anchor off the back of driftboat, after swinging the anchor into the boat during some standing waves...
  12. G

Alpine. Lakes. Wilderness.

a few yrs ago, my gal and i did a horse pack in, from the cle elum side. we got dropped off, and stayed for about 5 days. brought fishing gear, but ended up mostly doing day hikes. great area. ran into my first bear on the trail.... he/she was more interested in the huckleberries and salmon...
  13. G

found Zacuto camera equipment on deschutes

let me know what day it was lost, and we can figure out how to get it back to you.