She asks why my room is messy? Consolidating residence.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You should be fine! It's easy to justify that many. What might be a litt hard to explain is why a couple of them look unused. Best get that cork dirty.
Fresh cork is because of a couple broken rod/poles this year. They will hopefully be good and dirty next year!

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
And sorry there was a spelling error in the first post... Corrected now "Consolidating" residence...

And now I am back at home and this is what is already there...
IMG_20221203_192453580.jpg

And I admit I fish multiple methods so there are gear or bait rods depending... Sorry if that let's you down 😂😁
IMG_20221203_192055987.jpg
IMG_20221203_192123405.jpg

And we are going to be building a 38*42/46 foot high ceiling this next year. So she can park her car in "her" garage. 🤣

"Hi, my name is Shawn, and I have a great problem. It's been 48 hours since I bought any gear." Shhhh 🤫

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
These were temporarily herded up beginning of summer, but have since spread themselves back out around the garage.
Husband's only comment was that he liked how I attached the racks to the sides of the old dresser*. Smart man 😁
View attachment 43743
*those only hold 6 per side, thus the spread. Or that's my story, anyway
How often do you use the ones on the pegboard. 😅

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
And sorry there was a spelling error in the first post... Corrected now "Consolidating" residence...

And now I am back at home and this is what is already there...
View attachment 43795

And I admit I fish multiple methods so there are gear or bait rods depending... Sorry if that let's you down 😂😁
View attachment 43793
View attachment 43794

And we are going to be building a 38*42/46 foot high ceiling this next year. So she can park her car in "her" garage. 🤣

"Hi, my name is Shawn, and I have a great problem. It's been 48 hours since I bought any gear." Shhhh 🤫
What is the green herb like material drying there in the last picture. 😁

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Tom how old is the 'Dark Side of the Moon' poster?
I think I got that sophmore year, maybe 1978. Hung it back up about 10-12 years ago. I really like them, but I never did get to see them in concert.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Over thirty years ago the wife came down into the basement of the house we had just rented and notice my horde of rods in the corner and asked me how many I had.
"Of which kind dear?"

There has been no discussion on the matter since then.

You gotta have back up stuff and then backups to the backups. You never know when a catastrophe may strike and leave you in need. It's always best to be prepared.

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Thanks guys, you make my room look good. I can use your examples to save my ass.

I do have another option tho. My office has an “ unused” basement where I can stash ( hide) all kinds of stuff - like my boats, coolers, depth sounders, waders, and many other things.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
I have always been asked if i had an art studio. Never did. Until 2 years ago. But it ismore than that actually. Fly rods waders and stuff in there along with 80 quarts of my canning all my saved seed flat heating set up grow lights, a Lot of painting stuff and and framing tools. Everything i built all with mobility in mind on casters. I think it will always be a make do scenario. And she has no idea how much stuff is in there. This is the advantage of coupling with someone at retirement age… it is a been there done that experience thing. We both previously dealt with the unimportant crap over the past 50 years.

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
I hide my extra rods and reels under our spare bedroom’s bed. My wife found them a year ago and was upset. Asked me to get them out of there. My argument was that she hadn’t seen the rods for a few years so why should I move them!

NukeLDO

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Well, after years of living in two separate cities due to work circumstances, my wife and I are two years away from retirement, selling both homes and consolidating into a new one somewhere over on the wet side. My tools, my books, my kitchen, her pottery, photography equipment, artwork, and our combined stuff......I'm sure to get found out for the dozen or so fly rods and all the conventional gear. HELP!

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Now that my shed is almost done, I am about to start a new era of rod storage up in the loft around the ceiling. The ladder to access said loft will be kept elsewhere, adding a nice level of security.

Now I only have 8 more of these things to put up!
1670333759766.png

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Now that my shed is almost done, I am about to start a new era of rod storage up in the loft around the ceiling. The ladder to access said loft will be kept elsewhere, adding a nice level of security.

Now I only have 8 more of these things to put up!
View attachment 44041
man... when you work full time, go to the gym every day, and have dinner with the family... it makes for very slow progress!. I've managed to do this much since the previous post :LOL:

1670472245301.png