She asks why my room is messy? Consolidating residence.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So, we are in the process of consolidating residence. And my wife asked "Why is your room always so messy?"... I told her I liked it that way...

Really it was just to hide the rod and pole totals (behind doors and cloths), it might be a problem when I get them all together in the new room. Might have to hide stuff in the attic. I know I am not alone...

IMG_20221203_110122250.jpg
IMG_20221203_110228979.jpg

Last edited:

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
So, we are in the process of consultations residence. And my wife asked "Why is your room always so messy?"... I told her I liked it that way...

Really it was just to hide the rod and pole totals (behind doors and cloths), it might be a problem when I get them all together in the new room. Might have to hide stuff in the attic. I know I am not alone...

View attachment 43712
View attachment 43711

Thats it, man amature hour! I have more than that in my kitchen :ROFLMAO:

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
So, we are in the process of consultations residence. And my wife asked "Why is your room always so messy?"... I told her I liked it that way...

View attachment 43712
View attachment 43711
You should be fine! It's easy to justify that many. What might be a litt hard to explain is why a couple of them look unused. Best get that cork dirty.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
At least you get a room. After 25 years in a 900sf home I'm relegated to the stairs to the attic. I don't think my wife pays enough attention to notice anymore.20221203_121456.jpg

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I have four places where I have rods - none of them stashed, they're visible. I have a couple spinning rods I haven't used in years, why do they take up space? For that matter, I have a use only one time spey rod that I don't know when it will get strung up unless I head to the OP where, as we all know, there are no crowded rivers. So I have to ask myself, whey in the hell was I looking at rod kits this morning? (I was thinking about building a 12 wt glass (out of stock, out of stock, out of stock) and hooking up with some of you tuna guys). ;-)

IMG_1857.jpg
(more upstairs)

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Being an inveterate, curmudgeonly bachelor, inflatables can be found in 2 rooms, rods in 2 rooms and my dog is good with that. :)

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
These were temporarily herded up beginning of summer, but have since spread themselves back out around the garage.
Husband's only comment was that he liked how I attached the racks to the sides of the old dresser*. Smart man 😁
20220822_200659.jpg
*those only hold 6 per side, thus the spread. Or that's my story, anyway

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
These were temporarily herded up beginning of summer, but have since spread themselves back out around the garage.
Husband's only comment was that he liked how I attached the racks to the sides of the old dresser*. Smart man 😁
View attachment 43743
*those only hold 6 per side, thus the spread. Or that's my story, anyway
Shit dude
That’s some stuff

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm pleased to see that it appears none of you are afflicted with having too many rods. I recently thought about taking photos of my rod and reel inventory, like for insurance purposes if it ever came to that. But my camera's sim card ran out of memory, so I'm putting it off until a later date. I do want to do it however, partly so Mrs. Salmo knows what she has in her nest egg when I kick the bucket.