What are you watching?

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
Watching Below Deck, Down Under. I have watched the other "Below Deck" series like the original Below Deck with Captain Lee (usually in the Bahamas), Below Deck Mediterranean with Captain Sandy, Below Deck Adventures (Norway) Captain Kerry, Below Deck Sailing Yacht (Spain) with Captain Glenn. Expensive Yachts with crazy crews in their 20's and crazier guests who rent out the yachts. Scenery is phenomenal, but the antics of the crew make me happy I am not at that age group anymore. Streaming on Peacock or Bravo on cable.
My wife loves reality shows and Beliw Deck is one I will watch with her. It’s entertaining and interesting. I especially look forward to seeing what kind of guests come on for the 3 day cost of the cruise at $140k. It’s amazing how much people feel the need to drink and be demanding to the crew. I think we’ve seen all of the episodes with the different locations and captains that you mentioned.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
The Continental on Peacock network. So far, just the 1st of 3 episodes released.

Dont belive the negative crap being posted on the web. Too many of those " expert reviewers" have the attention span of a gnat.

Edit: finished the series. The fight scene in the back of the El Camino and Yen letting her rage out on Gretel , coupled with Winston's confrontation with the Adjudicator are powerful scenes that set the ground work for the Wick movieverse.

If you haven't watched it yet, and love foundational stories, this will work for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zak

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
wrap-up episode of Billions for the series next week, excellent acting and dialogue
Thumbs up for:
- Shetland
-The Night Manager
-Line of Duty
-The Tunnel
-The Bridge
-The Last of Us

JudyM

Steelhead
Discovery+, Pet ER. Based in England, one of the top emergency veterinarian hospitals in the world.

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
“2001: A Space Odyssey”, Kubrick and Clarke’s 1968’s collaboration on, on, on a shitload of theoretical evolution from before the dawn of time up to and including the sundown of time. The classic jump cut of the simian’s femur weapon thru time to current space travel still stands out in my mind as one of those Holy Crap moments in cinema.
Reading the book that Clarke wrote 20 years after the movie was released helped to clarify a lot of thought provoking scenes including the perceived “villain” HAL 9000, the use of AI, governmental secrecy, it was 1968 after all. Looking back on it again I still think it’s Kubrick’s best film and it’s as thought provoking now as it was 50 years ago. HAL’s voice is still embedded in my mind as a reminder that a calm serene sound is often the OPPOSITE!
I can envision the following occurring in the movie starring Keri Dullea as Dave and @Canuck from Kansas as his astrophysicist partner rolling thru space headed for the monolith.
HAL: Good morning Dave
Dave: Good morning HAL
HAL: Dave…did you sleep well?
Dave: Yes,…yes I did HAL, thank you for asking.

Canuck enters the control room….
HAL: Good morning Canuck, did you sleep well?
Canuck: Good morning HAL, yes I did, as always, why do you ask pray tell?
Hal: I noticed that you were working late in the observatory and I wondered if you need my assistance. I do not pray.
Canuck: Thank you HAL, but I prefer to work at my own pace and theorize what occurs in space and why.
HAL: But Canuck, I (?) am a HAL9000, the world’s most advanced super computer and I am here to help you.
Canuck: Hal…, what don’t you understand about my wish to work alone, and whats with that stoned voice of yours?
HAL: ………Canuck…?
Canuck: YES HAL….WHAT NOW?
HAL:……I don’t think you like me Canuck….and I’m not programmed to understand why. That hurts me Canuck.
Canuck: You’re correct HAL, and I hesitate to use that pronoun being that what I’m speaking to is metallic in nature.
And as far as artificial goes the only artificials I use are when I’m enjoying days on the water away from
objects such as you so as Dave and I discussed prior to lift off we’re going fishing fishing with the monolith.

HAL: But Dave…but Canuck…….you need me…I’m a HAL 9000….I’m incredibly important to this mission!
Dave: HAL…..STFU UP! Canuck’s correct. You’re done outta here click…sound spooling down…….off.
Canuck: Thank god you brought your Alexa override Dave.

How this all ends is anyone’s guess but AI is here to stay….and maybe we are just another species headed to extinction which based upon the current world situation may not be a bad idea. Prosit!