What's in your vise?

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
My first attempt at a big Billy bass popper. Well, not quite as big, these are on either size 1 or 2 B10S’ (I can’t remember).

If I’m going to tie more of these I need to get the Wapsi cylinders, these fly men heads are expensive. I also ordered a set of caliart markers (copic knockoffs) to color them up—my kid is pumped. Also need to order from fishingskirts.com these are going to deplete my rubber leg stash fast.

View attachment 64653
View attachment 64652
heck yeah!

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My first attempt at a big Billy bass popper. Well, not quite as big, these are on either size 1 or 2 B10S’ (I can’t remember).

If I’m going to tie more of these I need to get the Wapsi cylinders, these fly men heads are expensive. I also ordered a set of caliart markers (copic knockoffs) to color them up—my kid is pumped. Also need to order from fishingskirts.com these are going to deplete my rubber leg stash fast.

View attachment 64653
View attachment 64652
Heck yeah. Those look awesome. I went with the Ohuhu Copic knockoffs (Amazon product ASIN B08FKWL35P). I'm thinking about heading out somewhere tomorrow or Thursday. Let me know if you're in.

Reactions: Zak

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Been working on morphing yesterday's materials into a damsel. Sz. 10 3xl. It's hard to get the fly to look like it does in my head. Think I'll look back in the thread and copy a few.
20230509_094341.jpg20230509_094422.jpg

Attachments

• 20230509_092118.jpg
    20230509_092118.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230509_095051.jpg
    20230509_095051.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 5

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Time for a toothy critter first attempt of 2023. Inspired by @Kfish perch pattern posted above and the perch I caught this past weekend…thanks little fella ;).

D848C6D4-B22A-4887-A7F4-618D4C345F8C.jpeg

Plus, I’ll likely be fishing with Lou and if he has success on his perch pattern and I don’t have one in my box, I’ll be really annoyed…

030898DA-694F-4AD4-86DC-221404C628D2.jpeg

singlehandjay

Life of the Party
PXL_20230509_020515731.MP.jpg
A cutthroat fly below
20230115_192910.jpg
The top fly is a reduction of the lower one, the lower is a cutthroat machine so far. I didn't tie it intending on fishing it for cutthroat. Usually if I try to fish body hackles this long for trout I end up having them peck at the hackles far from the hook, but when I tie this on and swim it through a run even after putting another fly through previously, it gets smashed every time. Hopefully the reduced pattern will get some love. Have a good evening everyone

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
View attachment 64740
A cutthroat fly below
View attachment 64741
The top fly is a reduction of the lower one, the lower is a cutthroat machine so far. I didn't tie it intending on fishing it for cutthroat. Usually if I try to fish body hackles this long for trout I end up having them peck at the hackles far from the hook, but when I tie this on and swim it through a run even after putting another fly through previously, it gets smashed every time. Hopefully the reduced pattern will get some love. Have a good evening everyone
Very slick
And sexy

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Bucktail_and_Gold_1080.jpg

Bucktail and Gold

Atlantic Salmon

Hook - Single salmon
Thread - Black
Tip - Oval gold tinsel
Tail - Golden pheasant crest feather
Ribbing - Oval gold tinsel
Body - Flat gold tinsel
Hackle - Kingfisher blue hen hackle barbs tied in at the throat
Wing - Natural brown bucktail tied low over the body
Topping - Strands of blue Flashabou Accent

Fish Flies: The Encyclopedia of the Fly Tier's Art - Terry Hellekson

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Blue-Beard-1080.jpg

Blue Beard

Atlantic Salmon

Hook - Single salmon
Thread - Black
Tail - Pale yellow calf tail
Ribbing - Oval silver tinsel wrapped over front half of body only
Body - Rear half, flat silver tinsel; the front half, dubbed with black lamb's wool
Hackle - Blue calf tail tied in at the throat
Wing - Blue and gray calf tail mixed, tied low over the body
Topping - Pale yellow calf tail

dep

Steelhead
Blue-Beard-1080.jpg

Blue Beard

Atlantic Salmon

Hook - Single salmon
Thread - Black
Tail - Pale yellow calf tail
Ribbing - Oval silver tinsel wrapped over front half of body only
Body - Rear half, flat silver tinsel; the front half, dubbed with black lamb's wool
Hackle - Blue calf tail tied in at the throat
Wing - Blue and gray calf tail mixed, tied low over the body
Topping - Pale yellow calf tail

hee hee - he said Atlantic Salmon

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
First attempt at a game changer for local smallies. Probably totally unnecessary but fun nonetheless. I think the hook has too long of a shank and made it have an un proportionality long head compared to the body (it’s a 1/0 b10s with 4 10mm shanks). I think I’m going to cut the hook off and get a short shank hook up front or just fish it and get out of my head 🤷‍♂️
82A092D2-2548-461B-86FB-67B9253D6467.jpeg