What's in your vise?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Likely the wrong type of hook as I'm generally still totally confused by hook type, size across brands.

Short answer - I think it's a Firehole general purpose maybe a size 10, they run large in gap and shank length.

I'm tying for practice, and to build up some skills/knowledge.
Oh I just thought it looked cool for a barbless hook.

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
All good, I like the way those hooks look as well with the curved shank, appreciate the comment.

As an aside and so I can educate myself on the hook mystery I just ordered a bunch of curved shank up eye mustads I'll try for wets along with some different tiemco styles and some little diachi up eyes for soft hackles - still alot to learn in the tying game for me.

Here's another Crack at this variant on a #6 Hanak H970BL streamer wave.20230505_120719.jpg

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
All good, I like the way those hooks look as well with the curved shank, appreciate the comment.

As an aside and so I can educate myself on the hook mystery I just ordered a bunch of curved shank up eye mustads I'll try for wets along with some different tiemco styles and some little diachi up eyes for soft hackles - still alot to learn in the tying game for me.

Here's another Crack at this variant on a #6 Hanak H970BL streamer wave.View attachment 64169
Yes a lot to learn but the fish arn't that picky. If you like the way it looks go with it, like the up eye for wet flies. I'm more concerned now at this point in my tying at developing a style. There are certain people on here that you know who ties the fly without seeing a name.

Scottp

Legend
Muddled Hare’s Ear Shrimp

52872714052_c508de0527_c.jpg

52873291076_7a0777a475_c.jpg

52873464139_05d8a08de5_c.jpg

hook - WFC Model 6 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 black
tail - golden pheasant body feather red
rib - xsmall wire gold
body - Ice Dub hare’s ear
hackle - ginger
shoulder - pheasant rump
collar/head - deer hair

Regards,
Scott

Travis Bille

I am El Asso Wipo!!!!!
Forum Supporter
It doesn't look like how it should open, but after a few times I figured out to pry up one corner at the top end, where the hang tag is.

I have no idea what the structures along the sides are for...decoys? 🤨
I know the answer to this! You can hook the boxes together side by side, so you can have a whole row in whatever order you want, attached together, instead of a million free floating boxes.