Recent content by ThunderBarf

1. ThunderBarf

First raft trip

The few times I've fished up there I stopped into Idaho Fly Fishing Company, in Avery, for intel. I know you're not going that far up it could be worth calling or stopping in to get an idea of how it's flowing and fishing at any particular time.
  2. ThunderBarf

Stop… Collaborate… and Listen

Good action!
  3. ThunderBarf

Morning in an ice bucket

I appreciate that!
  4. ThunderBarf

Morning in an ice bucket

Went airborne and landed back on the ice?! I'm sure that was quite a scene. Definitely makes me want to try to brave the cold for more ice-off opportunities.
  5. ThunderBarf

Morning in an ice bucket

I'm a few weeks away from finishing grad school and haven't had much time to get out on the water for the past few months. A last minute meeting cancellation freed up my morning so I decided to take advantage and get out on the water, weather be damned. This time of year historically presents...
  6. IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

7. IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

8. IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

9. ThunderBarf

Kalama river... Where are the trout?

They do, unless I'm misreading the ODFW stocking reports. This is this years stocking report for the McKenzie above the dam. This doesn't include Leaburg or the river bellow the dam. You'll see similar stocking patterns for the Santiam forks, Willamette coast fork, Breitenbush, etc.. on top of...
  10. ThunderBarf

Kalama river... Where are the trout?

I grew up outside of Salem and still fish the Willamette zone pretty regularly with my dad. I would also note that a big difference between the Oregon streams you mentioned and any of the streams up here in Western WA is that Oregon has a pretty robust stream stocking program and puts thousands...
  11. ThunderBarf

Morning hike

Thanks for the report! Had this lake on my list as a potential spot to hike my float tube into, thinking I'll have to check it out now.
  12. ThunderBarf

Olalla Market

Ahh man, such a bummer! I usually stop and talk to the workers when I leave the beach, everyone there has been super nice. Hoping it doesn't set them back too much.
  13. ThunderBarf

Finally got on some skinny water

The stoke is real! Love to see it.
  14. ThunderBarf

4th of July

As someone who works in the ER and owns a dog, I appreciate this so much. Although there will inevitably be some fingerless patients and frightening moments for dogs (not related), hopefully it's minimal!
  15. ThunderBarf

A new first for me today