A new first for me today

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I am at a well-known lake in Idaho. Very brisk wind blowing today, in fact I could only see one other boat on the lake and it was a large aluminum one. I was in my pontoon boat and decided to go out because the wind was blowing directly towards the boat launch. So I figured if my trolling motor gave out or something else happened I could at least get back to the launch. So away I went.

Lots of large waves. In fact I think there were a few times when my trolling motor might have bounced out of the water due to the wave action. Fishing was good so I kept at it but then I noticed after a few hours I started feeling a little bit queasy. That's right! I was getting seasick on a lake! I managed to keep it under control by keeping an eye on the shoreline and a little mental determination. But after 5 hours and 8 nice large fish I called it a day and headed in.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a much nicer day. Hoping for the best.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am at a well-known lake in Idaho. Very brisk wind blowing today, in fact I could only see one other boat on the lake and it was a large aluminum one. I was in my pontoon boat and decided to go out because the wind was blowing directly towards the boat launch. So I figured if my trolling motor gave out or something else happened I could at least get back to the launch. So away I went.

Lots of large waves. In fact I think there were a few times when my trolling motor might have bounced out of the water due to the wave action. Fishing was good so I kept at it but then I noticed after a few hours I started feeling a little bit queasy. That's right! I was getting seasick on a lake! I managed to keep it under control by keeping an eye on the shoreline and a little mental determination. But after 5 hours and 8 nice large fish I called it a day and headed in.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a much nicer day. Hoping for the best.
Do tell do tell... Can't catch fish in the parking lot!

No picture, no proof haha

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Do tell do tell... Can't catch fish in the parking lot!

No picture, no proof haha
Got back last night and just now unloading stuff.

Here's a peek at the weather for the day. I think this was just before I started "feeling" it.
IMG_0313.JPG

The net in these pics measures 19" from the vee to the end. It's a deep net which makes the fish look smaller when they are at the bottom of it so I "floated" them up in a couple shots. The best one was longer than the net.

IMG_0305.JPGIMG_0306.JPGIMG_0307.JPGIMG_0308.JPGIMG_0309.JPG

I think I'm going to make one of those @Freestone style photo nets with a sewing tape measure in it for future lake fishing.

The yellow pontoon boat is legend on this lake after this particular day. :)

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Some stud west slope cutts right there!