NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Impossible to be 100% with a high ankle sprain. You can walk normally to a podium, but any plant and twist motion is absolutely excruciating.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
He will probably get a torodal shot before the game, and so pain and swelling will be greatly diminished...pretty common in athletes as it works quickly and lasts about 6 hours or so.
I've had a few, the sh!t works way better than I ever thought it could...not being an opiod and all.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Frank Reich to the Panthers.
Going from one bad QB situation to another.
SF

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Impossible to be 100% with a high ankle sprain. You can walk normally to a podium, but any plant and twist motion is absolutely excruciating.
Plus the first sack could be something else

Well, for all the Mahomes doubters, he has been through this before, he, and the team know how to handle this; in 2019 Mahomes had virtually the identical injury, the next week he went out and torched to opponent for 400+ yards passing. Oh, in the interests of full disclosure, I probably should mention that was against the Raiders, too maybe it doesn't count :LOL:.

Go Chiefs!!!

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Should be a good match up
I never appreciate a win as much if the competition isn’t at full strength
Hoping he can bring it this weekend
Pulling for the Bengals however
It’s nice to spread it around 😏

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Toradol shots are usually given in the butt cheeks, sometimes the shoulder...if you have never had one, you would be shocked how well and how quickly they work.

Former NFL star Torry Holt described the drug as “a sheet of armor,”https://losethebackpain.com/toradol-side-effects-2/#_edn1 and former All-Pro safety Darren Sharper agreed, telling ESPN:[ii]

“Toradol is a wonder drug. You get a shot in the butt, and within 10 minutes nothing hurts. And that feeling lasts the entire day.”

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Toradol shots are usually given in the butt cheeks, sometimes the shoulder...if you have never had one, you would be shocked how well and how quickly they work.

Can a guy still run and cut?

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Can a guy still run and cut?
Well I never had to run and cut at that level after my shots, so I suppose it really depends on the underlying level of damage to the ankle ligaments. I can say that if pain due to inflamation is the limiting factor, the shot will be very effective.
My guess is he will be taped up, shot up and fired up for the game...adrenaline will help the first time he has to scramble.
100%... probably not, but with some judicious decisions he should be an effective QB for KC, unless the ligament damage is really severe.
There is no numbness or loss of feeling, and no sluggishness like you would associate with an opioid.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The article says the injury hurts like hell when the drug wears off. I believe it.
It’s unfortunate that he is not 100%
I’m not a KC guy but it would be better for the game.
Thanks for the info

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Seems Vegas is not quite as worried:

GO CHIEFS!!

Mossback

Forum Supporter
The article says the injury hurts like hell when the drug wears off. I believe it.
It’s unfortunate that he is not 100%
I’m not a KC guy but it would be better for the game.
Thanks for the info
Oh yeah, whatever was f!cked up in your body is still in bad shape, and probably made worse by that level of activity for sure.
I didn't have to play foitball after my shots, so took it easy, but when it wore off it hurt like hell again for sure.

Go Bengals !!!!

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Well, for all the Mahomes doubters, he has been through this before, he, and the team know how to handle this; in 2019 Mahomes had virtually the identical injury, the next week he went out and torched to opponent for 400+ yards passing. Oh, in the interests of full disclosure, I probably should mention that was against the Raiders, too maybe it doesn't count :LOL:.

Go Chiefs!!!
Like the saying goes, “everyone has a plan…until they get punched in the face”. In Mahomes case, it will come to a tackle around the ankles…

Status
Not open for further replies.