Sage rods repair turnaround time

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Just looking to hear from folks who have sent rods in recently for repair, like in the last year or so.
How long was the turnaround time to get your rod back?
Thanks for any input you can provide.
SF

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just to give anyone who cares an update, as I chimed in earlier in the thread about my broken Redington Dually. I opened a repair online on 2/5, and got that same email with a 3-4 month repair time. I sent off the rod to Far Bank the next day. Yesterday (2/15) I received an alert from FedEx that a delivery from Far Bank was scheduled for today. I checked the repair status online, and it looks like they are covering the break under warranty and it says "repairing." Well, I received a replacement rod this morning. I never received any notification from Far Bank that they approved the warranty, or that a new rod was sent out, so their communication could be better. I'm pretty stoked they were able to get through the process so quickly, but my feeling is that since this is a low end, inexpensive, and current rod, that is why the replacement was so quick (as it didn't cost them much money, time, or effort). I'm sure the process still sucks for older rods that need repair, and their shenanigans with changing their "lifetime" warranty policy on Sage rods. Anyway, just thought y'all should know if you end up in my boat.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
There is a good chance that Far Bank is in the same condition as many companies after Covid. They may have a materials and or employee shortage. The pandemic put a kink in normal operations and it appears it will take some time to get past the mess.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
There is a good chance that Far Bank is in the same condition as many companies after Covid. They may have a materials and or employee shortage. The pandemic put a kink in normal operations and it appears it will take some time to get past the mess.
THREAD DRIFT, sorry Brian. I’m beginning to think that the supply chain is not going to ever meet demand for some items (hybrid CRV). A new washer/dryer? And the labor shortage?

Rant over.

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
I think its much further reaching than supply/labor issues with Sage… seems as they’re morphing into a much larger company and doing business as such. All of these cuts we keep discussing are adding up, The competition from low end to high end have better service.

My $.02

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Quick update on this.
I shipped my rod and a pair of Redington waders in earlier this week on the same day. The waders arrived. The rod, not yet and no update from Far Bank that they have received it. Oh and USPS tracking says “something went wrong” whatever that means and as of now has no record of my tracking number. Luckily I insured the rod.
If it does end up lost in USPS space, I hope someone enjoys using the three good pieces of a four piece rod. 😂
SF

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Quick update on this.
I shipped my rod and a pair of Redington waders in earlier this week on the same day. The waders arrived. The rod, not yet and no update from Far Bank that they have received it. Oh and USPS tracking says “something went wrong” whatever that means and as of now has no record of my tracking number. Luckily I insured the rod.
If it does end up lost in USPS space, I hope someone enjoys using the three good pieces of a four piece rod. 😂
SF
I sincerely hope your experience is different, but sadly, this kind of crap has become far too common with USPS. I have a fly rod that according to tracking has been doing laps around Portland since 2021 (they won’t investigate because it is still enroute), and several more that have been missing since February 2020 and they won’t honor the insurance because the investigations are still ongoing. Also, I learned from a current investigator that their unofficial policy is to deny all claims the first time to weed out frivolous claims. If you make a claim, and are denied, they encourage you to appeal.

Last month I ordered a fish finder directly from Garmin because I thought I’d avoid Amazon. Lesson learned there. I asked Garmin to send it to an address. Garmin sent it to that address, but with the wrong zip code. USPS delivered it to some other address in that wrong zip code. USPS says they delivered it to an address, so they have no responsibility. Garmin says they shipped it to the right address (just the wrong zip code) so they also have no responsibility. Meanwhile, I’m out $200.

Edit: Sorry for any thread drift, but USPS bears warning about.

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Quick update. Looks like my rod will be delivered to my office tomorrow, so just about two months on the money. They had told me to expect 8-10 weeks, so pretty accurate. Definitely not a seamless experience like what it used to be from a customer service experience standpoint.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Quick update. This time on Loomis warranty repair.
I broke a IMX-Pro on 9/28. I registered the rod and filled in an Expeditor form on 10/4. Got an email on 10/5 requesting payment, which I sent. ETA on new rod delivery is 10/9.
Super quick turnaround service. Would have been even quicker if I had acted earlier.
The new rod is coming from California. Maybe they produce them in Woodland and ship them to a Shimano distribution center?

I’m just short of two months now on my current Sage repair.
SF

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Quick update. This time on Loomis warranty repair.
I broke a IMX-Pro on 9/28. I registered the rod and filled in an Expeditor form on 10/4. Got an email on 10/5 requesting payment, which I sent. ETA on new rod delivery is 10/9.
Super quick turnaround service. Would have been even quicker if I had acted earlier.
The new rod is coming from California. Maybe they produce them in Woodland and ship them to a Shimano distribution center?

I’m just short of two months now on my current Sage repair.
SF
Those imx pro rods are such a sweet mid range rod

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
My Redington Link 8wt was received on Aug 28th, they completed their "review of my item" on Sep 26th and requested payment. I paid and received confirmation on Sep 30th, and it said 6-8 weeks for replacement to ship. Farbank site still shows "Product assessed. Awaiting payment.". 🤷‍♂️

wmelton

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I sent in a Redington in August. They received it, completed their "review of my item" two weeks later and requested payment. Before I made it home that day I got another email saying the repair had been completed and then a third saying it had shipped. I never paid and received it a few days later. In total I was without my rod for less than three weeks. Seems I got lucky

RCF

Life of the Party
People need to reset their expectations on TAT. Between fewer people employed, supply chain issues, and greater demand for repair services, a new norm is being established. Not sure that that is yet except it is longer than it used to be and not as quick as we want.

All the more reason to have at least one backup rod. If you are hard on your gear it is up to you to have sufficient backup rods to carry you through the season.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Have any of you who live close to Sage tried to hand deliver and pick-up? Just wondering if this would save any time and expense?

My understanding that is no longer an option, but others may chime in that have experienced otherwise lately. I know it used to be an option.

People need to reset their expectations on TAT. Between fewer people employed, supply chain issues, and greater demand for repair services, a new norm is being established. Not sure that that is yet except it is longer than it used to be and not as quick as we want.

All the more reason to have at least one backup rod. If you are hard on your gear it is up to you to have sufficient backup rods to carry you through the season.

That is why at times I’ve had up to eight 6 wts on hand. I went years without breaking a rod, but broke the same one twice and another all in the past six months. I don’t consider myself hard on gear. Sometimes shit just happens when beach fishing.
I personally would rather pay more and use something like the Loomis Expeditor service and be fishing again soon then to wait months for a repair.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I sent in a Redington in August. They received it, completed their "review of my item" two weeks later and requested payment. Before I made it home that day I got another email saying the repair had been completed and then a third saying it had shipped. I never paid and received it a few days later. In total I was without my rod for less than three weeks. Seems I got lucky

I had the opposite experience on my previous Sage repair. They emailed me that my rod had been received and they were reviewing my item or something to that extent. A long time went by then I received an email saying if I didn’t pay for my repair, they’d were going to ship the damage rod back to me. The problem being, I never received a request for payment in the first place. 😂
I did receive a request for payment after their assessment on my current repair.
SF

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter

I call BS… try another manufacturer, you won’t be disappointed.