Sage rods repair turnaround time

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Just looking to hear from folks who have sent rods in recently for repair, like in the last year or so.
How long was the turnaround time to get your rod back?
Thanks for any input you can provide.
SF

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I sent a Redington rod back Last year that I had shattered while launching a driftboat. I think it took about 6 months to get a replacement back after paying the repair fee. But they did eventually send an entire brand new rod, which was nice.

They were fairly curt with me when I tried to get updates on the progress, or even just confirm that they had received my return. I got the impression they were very, very busy.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
They were fairly curt with me when I tried to get updates on the progress, or even just confirm that they had received my return. I got the impression they were very, very busy.
Also, I can tell you from experience, running and or/working in warranty customer service is about as bad as customer service jobs get. It's soul-crushing and the person you're dealing with is likely running on empty. So be kind if you find yourself dealing with any of these folks.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Hope you have a spare :(

I’ve got five or six other 6 wts, so I’m good there. 😉
Just trying to determine the time involved or if I just want to just have a new tip top put on it and fish it as a 9 footer rather than a 9’6”.
I’m probably leaning towards the latter.

Also, does anyone know if they are now allowing drop offs like they used to?
@jasmillo might know.
If I recall correctly, they weren’t allowing that due to COVID.
SF

ABITNF

Steelhead
We recently had two rods sent in: one an XP for tip section without being wrapped as it was a custom build; the other was a second section for a IIIe. They were sent a week apart. It was 3 months for both but it was $195 for the IIIe and $100 for the unwrapped XP.

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I was just about to ask this question today, as a section on my Redington Dually snapped yesterday. That's a bummer to hear how long Far Bank is taking. It this an industry-wide thing, or is it just Far Bank? That may inform my next purchase...

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I just broke the tip off my old VPS last Saturday:mad::cry:. That rod is so old, I don't know if they'll fix it.

They will….for $195.00.
SF

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Also, I can tell you from experience, running and or/working in warranty customer service is about as bad as customer service jobs get. It's soul-crushing and the person you're dealing with is likely running on empty. So be kind if you find yourself dealing with any of these folks.
Only way I'd run a warranty department would be I had full reign of the operation plus the equipment and dedicated staff to just do repairs. 100 repairs a day to me seems doable. I'd love such a job and to lead such a team. Totally customer focused and eager to serve.