Re Rush... In my family, the first album I ever saved up and bought was Rush's Exit Stage Left. It's up there with double albums of all time, right there with London Calling, The Wall, Blonde on Blonde. So, anyway, my older brother's first album was Styx, Paradise Theatre (his second, just so the trend is evident, was the musical equivalent of a Safeway sheet cake, ABBA's Souper Trooper, while I was laying my hard-earned lawn-mowing cash down for my second album, the Police's Zenyatta Mondatta).
In the dumb world of childhood pettiness, sibling rivalry, old jokes, trivial ridiculousness, your music sucks etc. nearly 45 years later I still tease him about how lame that Styx album is. I guess the irony is brother J is way into record collecting now and has an amazing collection of eclectic dub, reggae, ska, afrobeat etc. His LP library is floorboard-warping, house smells like an old record store kind of mustiness, way over the top. Such that he can now say "my record collection is way cooler than yours"
In the dumb world of childhood pettiness, sibling rivalry, old jokes, trivial ridiculousness, your music sucks etc. nearly 45 years later I still tease him about how lame that Styx album is. I guess the irony is brother J is way into record collecting now and has an amazing collection of eclectic dub, reggae, ska, afrobeat etc. His LP library is floorboard-warping, house smells like an old record store kind of mustiness, way over the top. Such that he can now say "my record collection is way cooler than yours"
Last edited: