Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Were you a swordfish harpooner?There is no "school" that you can go to that teaches this "trade". For me, it was a boat named "Outlaw" in Dana Point harbor in 1979.
Learning to throw the harpoon at kelp and various floating objects was a hoot. We had separate gear at the ready for the sharks. Good times for a long haired hippy teenager.
I bet you have some good first person stories. Like what happened when you missed the first time, what did the skipper do (unless a muy macho guy never misses)? And what were you doing with those sharks?Yep that was me.
All? Obviously you haven't tried noodlin.Rods, reels, lines, and even hooks.....All take a backseat when it comes to a harpoon.
Legal?I love good and fresh swordfish steaks. Best i ever had was at No Name Seafood restaurant in Boston.
Great memories! No Name was my go to lunch place while in Boston for work, non-pretentious, large wood tables, filled with locals, right at the pier, near the boats, fish offloading nearby. Never tried their swordfish, their New England style fish chowder was the best, generous lobster rolls, plentyfull scallops, yumm. To pay you just walked to the register downstairs and just told them what you ate and payed accordingly, trust system. Sadly, I just read that they closed in December 2019 after more than 100 years around, from what I read due in part to the rapid gentrification of the Seaport district, what a loss.I love good and fresh swordfish steaks. Best i ever had was at No Name Seafood restaurant in Boston.
See @VMP Response...Legal?
Every time I traveled to Boston first place I would go to eat. Great memories!Great memories! No Name was my go to lunch place while in Boston for work, non-pretentious, large wood tables, filled with locals, right at the pier, near the boats, fish offloading nearby. Never tried their swordfish, their New England style fish chowder was the best, generous lobster rolls, plentyfull scallops, yumm. To pay you just walked to the register downstairs and just told them what you ate and payed accordingly, trust system. Sadly, I just read that they closed in December 2019 after more than 100 years around, from what I read due in part to the rapid gentrification of the Seaport district, what a loss.