What Are You Eating?

No...
Bay Laurel is Laurus nobilis, while the tall Laurel hedge is Prunus laurocerasus...and most if not all of the hedge laurels are in the Prunus genus, with Cherries and other stone fruits.

Botany lesson of the day.
😉
 
Probably worth mentioning...

Prunus laurocerasus (commonly known as cherry laurel or English laurel) is poisonous to humans because almost all parts of the plant contain cyanogenic glycosides (such as amygdalin), which release toxic hydrogen cyanide when crushed, chewed, or digested...

Know before you eat...just like mushrooms.
 
Probably worth mentioning...

Prunus laurocerasus (commonly known as cherry laurel or English laurel) is poisonous to humans because almost all parts of the plant contain cyanogenic glycosides (such as amygdalin), which release toxic hydrogen cyanide when crushed, chewed, or digested...

Know before you eat...just like mushrooms.
yea...and never use an oleander branch to cook hot dogs over a fire...as someone did that I read about...didn't end well
 
No...
Bay Laurel is Laurus nobilis, while the tall Laurel hedge is Prunus laurocerasus...and most if not all of the hedge laurels are in the Prunus genus, with Cherries and other stone fruits.

Botany lesson of the day.
😉
Thanks!
 
I bet that collar is insane
Insanely moist and fatty and good.
After the standard approach, I finished these skin side down straight on the coals for a few minutes. I’m thinking they’ll hit the spot warmed up over a campfire.
Props to @SilverFly for thinking to ask to save some collars. Good idea.


IMG_7643.jpegIMG_7644.jpegIMG_7645.jpegIMG_7642.jpeg
 
I used to enjoy fresh collars soaked in teriyaki and grilled…both salmon & tuna
Yum. It definitely has Izakaya vibes because they're big and so rich it just says "share me."

I only catch little salmon so I don't share those collars, those are mine, all mine!
 
I used to be a waiter in a sushi restaurant and my free meal was almost always a hamachi-kama. So good!
That is the best. Always my first ask if I get to a good sushi restaurant. It goes quickly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zak
Back
Top