What you watching. πŸ˜†

The Mrs and I went to see Heart of the Beast today. A great film that felt very Jack London-ish, despite being a little far-fetched in spots. Brad Pitt did a great job but the dog really stole the show. The scenery and cinematography were exemplary too.

Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about the German shepherd breed. I felt that the film did an unparalleled job of showing their unbreakable courage, undying loyalty,, and indomitable spirit.

I wanted to go home and hug Hanzo as soon as the credits rolled.
 
The Mrs and I went to see Heart of the Beast today. A great film that felt very Jack London-ish, despite being a little far-fetched in spots. Brad Pitt did a great job but the dog really stole the show. The scenery and cinematography were exemplary too.

Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about the German shepherd breed. I felt that the film did an unparalleled job of showing their unbreakable courage, undying loyalty,, and indomitable spirit.

I wanted to go home and hug Hanzo as soon as the credits rolled.

Quit going to the movie theater since covid ,never got back going ,no big reason , have been only once since . This movie with Brad Pitt we decide to go see it this following Tuesday , after seeing the trailer on TV . Plus the popcorn ,and soft drink for a small fortune !! :)
 
We stopped going to movie theaters when we finished building our house 16 years ago. They play 20 minutes or more of TV commercials before the film starts, and no way will I pay good money to watch fvckin' TV commercials. That, and audience members using their fvckin' cell phones during the movie. With HD flat screen TVs and good quality home sound systems, the movie theater has become irrelevant to me.

One problem that has occurred however, is that I learn about a movie and then forget to rent and watch it when it comes available on Netflix or Prime. One of those was "A Complete Unknown," about Bob Dylan until I remembered it yesterday. So we watched it last night. Pretty nostalgic. I didn't appreciate Dylan when he first became popular. I think I was a bit too young to understand him. Then, the more I listened, the better I liked his message. And of course, when I was a teenager I was in love with Joan Baez, so there was that.
 
Quit going to the movie theater since covid ,never got back going ,no big reason , have been only once since . This movie with Brad Pitt we decide to go see it this following Tuesday , after seeing the trailer on TV . Plus the popcorn ,and soft drink for a small fortune !! :)
We have a nice home theater system with a 70” TV and surround sound. I still like to go to the theater every once in a while to watch the epic films with great special effects or films that I just don’t want to wait to hit streaming services.

The few times a year that we go to the theater together feels more like a β€œdate” than just watching it at home. We usually go to AMC inside the Vancouver Mall. A few of their auditoriums have an age 21+ balcony with comfy reclining seats and ottomans and a bar that you can go to for beer, wine, & cocktails. 2 tickets, a large popcorn, 2 large Cokes, and a bag of Skittles came to $65. Not too bad for a date in the great scheme of things.
 
We have a nice home theater system with a 70” TV and surround sound. I still like to go to the theater every once in a while to watch the epic films with great special effects or films that I just don’t want to wait to hit streaming services.

The few times a year that we go to the theater together feels more like a β€œdate” than just watching it at home. We usually go to AMC inside the Vancouver Mall. A few of their auditoriums have an age 21+ balcony with comfy reclining seats and ottomans and a bar that you can go to for beer, wine, & cocktails. 2 tickets, a large popcorn, 2 large Cokes, and a bag of Skittles came to $65. Not too bad for a date in the great scheme of things.
The Odyssey was the first movie I've seen in a theater for a long time. It was so frickin loud! I wish I had brought ear plugs. Just writing that makes me feel so old.
 
The Odyssey was the first movie I've seen in a theater for a long time. It was so frickin loud! I wish I had brought ear plugs. Just writing that makes me feel so old.
I had the same experience. I watched The Odyssey at home with a pirated version where someone just sets up a camcorder inside the theater. The audio and video were garbage. I really liked the film though and decided to go see it again in an IMAX theater. I went by myself due to the Mrs being out of town. But yeah, the sound was ear-splitting. Glad I saw it on the big screen though.
 
The Mrs and I went to see Heart of the Beast today. A great film that felt very Jack London-ish, despite being a little far-fetched in spots. Brad Pitt did a great job but the dog really stole the show. The scenery and cinematography were exemplary too.

Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about the German shepherd breed. I felt that the film did an unparalleled job of showing their unbreakable courage, undying loyalty,, and indomitable spirit.

I wanted to go home and hug Hanzo as soon as the credits rolled.
Yesterday was date day so the wife & I went to this. It's all that Breck said and more. In my opinion, a powerful movie.

The only down side for me was it was also an unforseen PTSD trigger....and I'm not even military....so for those who might be affected by such things, be ware.

And if ya do see it, there's a scene where Brad is doing a shitty job casting a fly rod. Up for movie group discussion is whether you think he hasn't touched a rod since A River Runs Through It. Or was it part of his character. Or was it to show the importance of Odie and the bond?

Hmmmm whatcha think ?:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
 
Back
Top