Get your lithium batteries and fly rods all from the same place!

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
China gonna China.

A friend brought this to my attention and had to share because it's f'n hilarious. LiTime, the lithium battery outfit a lot of you run on your Minn Koters, has a product page up for a "Multi-Application / Fast Action R8 Core 590-4." aka Sage's R8 Core ($1050).


They didn't even bother changing the description. It's Sage's copy pasted word for word, "our most versatile and most popular rod model" and all. Priced at $49.99, "50% off," but conveniently out of stock.

Then look at the photo. It's AI generated and it's not even resembling a fly rod. The text after the LITIME logo is pure gibberish. Bright orange foam handle.
1791563434258.png
The reel seat design appears problematic to me.

My guess is some automated AI listing pipeline went off the rails and nobody at LiTime is checking what goes live. Their batteries are fine as far as I know. But I'm not about to experiment with whatever the hell this is.

1791563465120.png

Somebody tell Sage, I'm guessing they'd love to see this.
 
Last edited:
The reel seat design appears problematic to me.
If all we have to go on is the photo, I can't see how the heck you can tighten down a reel on the rod. So yeah, it is very problematic if there's no way to tighten the reel seat.
 
I like the one with the orange aluminum reel seat and wrapped handle. For $50 I'd let the boys train with it.:)
 
Back
Top