China gonna China.
A friend brought this to my attention and had to share because it's f'n hilarious. LiTime, the lithium battery outfit a lot of you run on your Minn Koters, has a product page up for a "Multi-Application / Fast Action R8 Core 590-4." aka Sage's R8 Core ($1050).
www.litime.com
They didn't even bother changing the description. It's Sage's copy pasted word for word, "our most versatile and most popular rod model" and all. Priced at $49.99, "50% off," but conveniently out of stock.
Then look at the photo. It's AI generated and it's not even resembling a fly rod. The text after the LITIME logo is pure gibberish. Bright orange foam handle.

The reel seat design appears problematic to me.
My guess is some automated AI listing pipeline went off the rails and nobody at LiTime is checking what goes live. Their batteries are fine as far as I know. But I'm not about to experiment with whatever the hell this is.

Somebody tell Sage, I'm guessing they'd love to see this.
A friend brought this to my attention and had to share because it's f'n hilarious. LiTime, the lithium battery outfit a lot of you run on your Minn Koters, has a product page up for a "Multi-Application / Fast Action R8 Core 590-4." aka Sage's R8 Core ($1050).
Multi-Application / Fast Action R8 Core 590-4
Our most versatile and most popular rod model. The 590-4 handles trout flies of nearly any size, lines of varying densities and does so with superb feel, accuracy, and line control.
They didn't even bother changing the description. It's Sage's copy pasted word for word, "our most versatile and most popular rod model" and all. Priced at $49.99, "50% off," but conveniently out of stock.
Then look at the photo. It's AI generated and it's not even resembling a fly rod. The text after the LITIME logo is pure gibberish. Bright orange foam handle.

The reel seat design appears problematic to me.
My guess is some automated AI listing pipeline went off the rails and nobody at LiTime is checking what goes live. Their batteries are fine as far as I know. But I'm not about to experiment with whatever the hell this is.

Somebody tell Sage, I'm guessing they'd love to see this.
Last edited: