I think it's still 30lb (as far as anything I can find)
Probably fine. I know a lot of folks use 30lb leaders for albacore though, so may need to drop down to 25 or so. I love Cortland's current line-up (no pun intended) and their 50+ series is still priced really reasonably.....with a 50lb core. Got a deal on the Striper line that's leading you in that direction?
Purchased an SA Sonar Titan 3D I/3/5 Sinking line from Sierra a year ago. Reached out to SA and the core strength is only 25#. Seems light for trolling. Looking to upgrade and the price point seems good. The 50+ Heavy Sink is sold out. Thanks.
I don’t have experience with that line but there might be a 600 grain Cortland 50+ line around. https://www.flyshack.com/DisplayIte...tcN9yXvKPj4kuQ1AP9Aa3zOkOyt9uFDxoCGGwQAvD_BwE
I’ve been using a different 600 grain line out there and it’s been working well. Maybe it’s just me but if I’m paying hundreds for the charter, investing a day or two or three to get to the tuna grounds, I want to have utmost confidence in my fly line and if it means paying a bit more sometimes I just suck it up.