Search results

  1. Peach

    Stillwater Recommendations near Leavenworth?

    Thanks for the recommendation! I did make the drive to Fish Lake, my first visit to this lake I initially drove into the Cove Resort and few people were milling around and saw a couple of boats on the water, but I just wasn't "feeling it" and I didn't want to pay the $10 dollars just to...
  2. Peach

    central washington lake report

    Thanks for the report. I was at the same lake as you the day before (Thursday). Got in the lake about 11:30 and fished until 3:30. Day was beautiful, very little wind and the water was clear and I measured the temp at 60.5 F degrees. A decent callibaetis hatch was on when I first got on but...
  3. Peach

    Solitude in Sept at a well-known central WA lake? 9/11 -9/12/2026

    Another great report, thanks for sharing, hopefully make one more trip to that region in a couple of weeks. Peach
  4. Peach

    Stillwater Recommendations near Leavenworth?

    In the third week of September, I will be in Leavenworth for a hiking and fishing trip with my daughter and her fiancée and trying some German cuisine of coarse :). We already have a day tripped to hike around 6 miles into an Alpine Lake that I have fished before, but I am going to be there a...
  5. Peach

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    Well since some are spilling the beans and this lake could use some more love, I hit Lava Lake about a week ago and did well. Water temps were at 63.5 but that was before the recent cold snap so I am sure it is sub 60 by now, especially if Crane is at the mid 50 now. I talked to the new...
  6. Peach

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    It depends on the lake you will be fishing in CO - but leeches are always a good search pattern to start with until you starting seeing some hatches occurring. I just got back several days ago, and at the three lakes I fished I was surprised to see a pretty good callibaetis hatches occurring...
  7. Peach

    Dry Falls Fishing Dried Up?

    Quality over Quantity these days at DFL. The fish do play hard to get, but when you are lucky enough to hook into a couple, watch out! The reduction of the crowds has made it a real pleasant lake to wet a line these days, but it can be far and few between fish. I wouldn't consider it...
  8. Peach

    Merrill Lake update

    Sorry to bring this up again, too lazy to go research it myself, but what is the latest on the road, launch, and campground situation at Merrill this year? Peach
  9. Peach

    Catching a unicorn & DFL late report

    Ha - That is funny. The first lake I did use my Wilderness Lite Float Tube to make that hike down. Love that tube, I have used it often on any hike in lake. It has had a lot of positive reviews on this forum and I agree with them. So lite and easy to deal with. Used my standard Outcast...
  10. Peach

    Catching a unicorn & DFL late report

    Hey Bakerite - Been here all this time, I guess I just don't post as much as I used to :). BTW - I fished your former Oregon home reservoir earlier in April. Caught a ton of trout but only one over 12 inches. Water level was super low, probably will go dry this year. Peach
  11. Peach

    Catching a unicorn & DFL late report

    I appreciate all of the positive comments - Thanks everyone. Question - Obviously the first lake in my report has Browns in it, does anyone know if it is also stocked with Tiger Trout as well? Just curious. Peach
  12. Peach

    Catching a unicorn & DFL late report

    At the end of April, I returned to a fairly well-known hike in lake in Grant county that I haven’t been to in a while. It was only my third visit to this lake ever and has been 17 years since my last visit. It hasn’t changed at all the past 17 years. Most of you will probably recognize this lake...
  13. Peach

    Scenic central WA lake fished well 3/17 - 3/18/2026

    Great Report! Thanks for sharing.
  14. Peach

    Scenic central WA lake fished well 3/17 - 3/18/2026

    Love that lake! Thanks for the report Rex, looks like you had a wonderful couple of days.
  15. Peach

    Nice spring day at the lake.

    Thanks for the report Paul.
  16. Peach

    Long Overdue Hanks Lake Trip

    Delayed great report response to the delayed report :)
  17. Peach

    Winter Lake Report

    Nice Report Paul!
  18. Peach

    Temporary river fishing

    I have seen plenty of folks do this when Wickiup reservoir is drawn down to basically a river and do very well, but it isn't a secret and you will have company. Peach
  19. Peach

    Part-Time, Volunteer, or other opportunities?

    Thank you all for a lot of good recommendation and suggestions. I hope others find this topic/discussion useful as I am sure there are a few other folks close to my demographic (or any demographic) that can pick up a tip or two and learn along with me. As someone pointed out earlier, I didn’t...
  20. Peach

    Part-Time, Volunteer, or other opportunities?

    This topic has been discussed periodically on these forums but I wanted to ask the question again. After 30+ years, I took an early retirement package from Intel when they did their first round of layoffs in Sept. of 2024. The package was too good to pass up, but it did thrust me into...
Back
Top