Search results

  1. mcswny

    FS Snow Peak Hard Rock Cooler 40QT

    I can’t not laugh at how ridiculous this sounds. “Best Cooler for True Connoisseur.“
  2. mcswny

    Birthday backpacking trip

    CLASSIC. My wife's out of town this weekend and my kid and I are doing our first solo backpacking trip together (it's always the three of us). Made me think of you. I sure hope she doesn't make me bring both her fly and spinning gear.
  3. mcswny

    Birthday backpacking trip

    Thats a grown ass kid,
  4. mcswny

    "Camp Water"

    The former, informs the latter :) But anyways, I figured there was different rules for steelhead.
  5. mcswny

    Keepin' It Simple Camping Foods?

    I cook 99% of the meals at home for my family so when I’m camping/fishing I want to cook as little as possible. Freeze dried meals are usually on the menu.
  6. mcswny

    "Camp Water"

    I may be in the wrong and not know the correct etiquette but if youre not posted up on it waiting for a hatch, fair game to me. But I also ONLY fish trout. Maybe it’s different for steelhead? But also, I’ve never floated/camped.
  7. mcswny

    W&M Granger Aristocrat 7ft

    I have 4x 7’ and under 4wts, as well as a sub 7’ 3wt and 2wt and rarely do I wish I they were longer. Maybe, I wish ONE of the 4wts was 8’ ;) All glass though.
  8. mcswny

    What's in your vise?

    I forgot to ask, what’d you end up fishing most of the time yesterday? That yellow stomper?
  9. mcswny

    Help with breaking and entering (freezer lock)

    Turns out your wife actually removed it and put it in your key ring
  10. mcswny

    What's in your vise?

    Bring your 12wt.
  11. mcswny

    NFR Rats.... @#$%ing rats.

    I was able to kill about 6 rats over the course of the winter with simple snap traps and peanut butter.
  12. mcswny

    Merrill Lake closure

    I lucked into two great nights of hex fishing there last july (I think I showed you where on the map?).
  13. mcswny

    Good floating line for Sky G 9' 5wt?

    Interesting. When I hear the term "pile up" especially out at a longer distance, I tend to think the line is too heavy and with all the extra aerialized line, it's just collapsing. You can try an infinity, or mpx, but you might get more of the same. For me, when my line piles up, it's generally...
  14. mcswny

    Good floating line for Sky G 9' 5wt?

    What line are you currently using? SA Amplitude Textured is a series of lines, not a specific line in of itself. Personally, from what I understand of the sky g, I’d be looking at a SA Trout (true to weight, long head) mayyybe the SA infinity. I prefer longer heads on moderate rods.
  15. mcswny

    saddle feathers for soft hackle ties?

    Whiting red label hen saddles
  16. mcswny

    Annual Columbia gorge trip

    Congratulations to PNWFF for rebranding carp to capr
  17. mcswny

    NOTICE OF SCAM

    Oh damn, thats actually pretty good (in a bad way).
  18. mcswny

    Highway to Headwater

    Jeez Coach, this sounds like an all time trip. 24 miles, all in the river? I bet your toes got wrinkly, ha!
  19. mcswny

    The Giant Tarpon of Homosassa

    Looks like you need to take a lesson from @DimeBrite on inset captions ;)
  20. mcswny

    Textured fly lines on vintage rods

    And you'll consider that a life well lived for those guides.
Back
Top