Search results

  1. skyriver

    Hit a local tonight

    Hope that means you had it to yourself!
  2. skyriver

    Who said fly fishing is expensive.....

    You tell em Jim! :ROFLMAO: Yeah, I really enjoy fishing and I enjoy traveling, but I also enjoy a good value. Not sure if it's the engineer in me or growing up poor, but my question is always "Why?" Why is it $18k per person? Am I staying in a luxury lodge, with a top chef, fishing for...
  3. skyriver

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    You know the cheer....O VER RA TED, O VER RA TED.... 😁
  4. skyriver

    Who is going to try it?

    They all agreed the eggs were pretty darn good. I don't even cook trout and rarely salmon so I'll pass. I'll keep releasing those beautiful poop fish.
  5. skyriver

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    Anyone watching Quarterback on Netflix? It's pretty good. 2025 they followed Baker Mayfield, Cam Ward, Jayden Daniels and Joe Flacco. The Flacco season was crazy with the trades. I've watched 6 episodes so have 2 left. It's interesting having watched it and then now seeing the drama with the Bucs.
  6. skyriver

    Guess I'll keep carpin

    Oh man, yeah 2024 and 2025 were good returns. Here's how 2026 is connected to 2021- Adults returned in 2021 Those adults, regardless of years in the salt, will spawn in spring of 2022. The eggs take a few months to hatch, still 2022. Those juveniles will rear in the river for the rest of...
  7. skyriver

    Missing caprs?

    Nice work Pat. You're making me jealous! As far as the carp holes I think they dig for lots of stuff, but I have to think 2 of the top reasons at your lake are the invasive Asian freshwater clams and hex nymphs. And I assume crayfish also might like the sandy/gravel mud at some point in their...
  8. skyriver

    Guess I'll keep carpin

    I know. Sorry man. Between fall family travel plans and a busier than normal work schedule, my annual Klick & John Day trips were already in jeopardy. This doesn't help my motivation to make them happen. I will say, 2019 was also a tough year for numbers, but I hooked fish. So I'm still...
  9. skyriver

    Guess I'll keep carpin

    Man, this is brutal. I had some hope after last year's numbers. This is even tougher to look at Do we have any idea why? I mean, there's all the usual suspects, but damn. I sure don't have a clue. I know one thing. My steelhead box is full, but the carp box needs a little work. Guess...
  10. skyriver

    Hit a local tonight

    Right? I really wanted to see it catch one.
  11. skyriver

    Hit a local tonight

    I think the soupy channel keeps the traffic down! It's also only about 50" wide in spots. I'm all for spots that look harder to get into than they really are. 😁
  12. skyriver

    Hit a local tonight

    I've been WAY too busy with work the last few weeks. And the social calendar has been a bit busy as well. Mostly fun stuff, just busy. Finally had a chance to do a little fishing tonight! I decided to hit a local lake that I've never fished before. It's only 20 minutes from my house. There's a...
  13. skyriver

    PFD’s

    I love dogs.... also friggin dog peope man.... Remember in the 70s and 80s and 90s when people left the damn dog at home? I didn't have to worry about "fishing dogs", "SUP dogs" or the absolute worst... "mtn biking dogs". I'm sure your dog is lovely. Chances are I'll totally love your dog...
  14. skyriver

    NFR Need New Desktop

    15 years in computers is like 50+ in cars. Except computers have gotten cheaper. Even with all the inflation/supply nonsense going on. You should be able to buy a pretty darn nice machine for less that you paid 15 years ago. I would suggest a laptop and a nice monitor or 2. I've had laptops...
  15. skyriver

    PFD’s

    Not to mention the real possibility of whacking your noggin on the boat, an oar, your buddies noggin or a branch on the way out.
  16. skyriver

    Beverly Fire

    White Swan's post office burned down. Hopefully they didn't lose any schools. Watch Duty was showing the baseball fields on fire. Hopefully that was inaccurate.
  17. skyriver

    Reflections from the end of my first long term relationship

    Sorry man. Lots of decent advice here (surprisingly, haha!) and I would just add to take care of yourself. Stay active, workout, keep up (maybe catch up) with friends. And, of course, fish like hell! I have no clue, but you seem like a mellow dude. I think some mellow dudes can get a bit too...
  18. skyriver

    How do you secure bead chain "eyes" or lead barbells eyes to a hook shank?

    I do what the guy in Yard Sale's video does. Helps a lot. You must be catching too many carp! 😁 Quite the subtle flex there Pat. Haha!
  19. skyriver

    Nobody Likes a Bully…

    FYI, I imagine you yelling "Who's the bully now?!?!" 😁 That's so awesome. Bulls can be so hard to catch and then do stuff like this. Congrats!
  20. skyriver

    A long trip equals a lot of pics - return trip added

    Incredible road trip man. That pic of Badlands is awesome. Loved the horse pic in Montana as well.
Back
Top