Search results

  1. P

    Horsethief and Rowland

    It's the first time I've seen it at Rowland, but then I usually fish it in the spring. The bummer was WDFW just dumped 1100, near 1 pound rainbows in there on the 9th.
  2. P

    Horsethief and Rowland

    A buddy and I drove upriver to Horsethief lake (by the Dalles) … to see if there were any SM bass that wanted to play. We found a few, but I was surprised at how much of the lake was weeded over… nearly half of the lake (west side) is un-fishable. Fairly slow fishing, but we also managed a hand...
  3. P

    11 years

    Does your wife have a sister...?
  4. P

    Central Oregon Lake

    Be sure to bring warm clothes.. When the wind picked up, the chill factor was in the teens last week!
  5. P

    Intermediate/clear camo lake lines?

    I've got a SA "Sonar" stillwater camo clear intermediate (1.25ips) line ... that I Iike to use in water less than 10'. Absolutely no coil issues, and casts beautifully on a bamboo fly rod. Having said that, my silk lines tend to sink after an hour or two.. with the same results.
  6. P

    Paul's Secret Lake...

    I drove up to Paul's secret lake yesterday, and pretty much had the water to myself.. for the first hour or so. Then it got crowded. The plan was "hoppers and droppers", and I did see grasshoppers everywhere in the grass, but only had one refusal on mine. Plan "B" was a little (#12) olive egg...
  7. P

    Lake Report

    Thanks for the post Paul.... may see you up there this summer.
  8. P

    Secret lake/hot flies...

    Austin, my daughter, and I drove up to our secret lake in the WA high Cascades (it was packed with gear guys and gals pulling out with their limit!) .. and had great fun! Austin got the most, (30!) .. but Heather got the biggest and the grand slam! (rainbow, cutthroat, and brook trout) ..and I...
  9. P

    If you miss a strike or lose your fish with a strip set, what do you do?

    I usually question the fishes parentage.... like "YOU BASTARD!?!" Once on the North Fork, I had a steelhead nearly yank the rod out of my hands, only to drop the fly before I could put the beer down! A quick cast back to the same swing, and this time I got the hook set... nice fish. (yes, that...
  10. P

    Coldwater closed

    I think a call to any Washington Senator, or Congressman would probably change the USFS's attitude! Unfortunately .. what connections I may have had were voted out long ago.
  11. P

    Sunny Day Doldrums

    "Graphite rod for awhile today, 8’ one weight, .." Say it ain't so...!
  12. P

    Coldwater closed

    Probably old news (5 days ago) ..but Hwy 504 is closed due to a rock slide at mile 49. Not sure if that is before or after Coldwater Lake. Also, no idea of how long it will take to repair the road...
  13. P

    Humminbird 120 question

    Yeah.. Scotty makes all kinds of mounts.. the transducer is just lifted up to net the fish. Amazon (or Google).. has everything you need. Guess I missed something.. thought you were looking for ways to mount the Garmin Stryker on your boat.
  14. P

    Humminbird 120 question

    Sorry to hear about your Hummingbird failing, Pat. Here's how I mounted my Garmin Striker on a Scotty base... should be easy to mount on your boat, easy to remove. They help you catch big fish too...
  15. P

    Solitude on a small, hike-in, seep lake 4/26/2023

    Pictures of the bull... or it didn't happen! (nice fish!)
  16. P

    Lake Lenore Lahontan Rescue - volunteers, anyone?

    Nice work you guys! Wish I could have driven over (5 hours) to help! Pat... let me know when the next rescue might be. Would be fun to supervise that operation..
  17. P

    Mt Adams area FF options end of April?

    " I was thinking about "large water fowl" Lake," I talked with the Mt Adams GPNF ranger not long ago, and they said the lake will not be accessible until mid-May .. or later. Lot's of deep snow. Good luck!
  18. P

    Silk lines...

    I fish silk lines (and bamboo rods) ..as often as I can. Most are Phoenix, and I grease them (lightly) with red Mucilin floatant, but I'm lucky to have the lines float for much more than an hour on the lakes. I would have thought they would stay on top much longer. Has anyone using silk had...
  19. P

    Humminbird 120 question

    I solved the battery issue on my 140 by getting a new power cord, and hooking it up to a small LiPo battery. You'll need a step down converter for 12 to 9 volts... works good, last a long time. Having said that... I also have a Garmin Stryker 4 that is a much better finder! Now if I could just...
Back
Top