Search results

  1. P

    The collapsed Volcano report..

    A fun couple hours fishing on our local collapsed volcano pond (Battle Ground lake) with Austin, Callum, (grandsons) and Kian! (the boys cousin from England) And.. they all caught fish! Kian did great for his first time fly fishing and catching his first fish! (a monster 4 inch...
  2. P

    Merrill Lake update

    There’s quite a bit of room before the gate…maybe enough for a couple cars to park, and not actually “block the gate”. I think the reason for the sign was the plan to have equipment work on the washout.. but that won’t happen this year. The trail is on your left as you go around the gate...
  3. P

    Little Trifecta…!

    I fished the local rock pit for a few hours this morning hoping to catch a decent bass …and came close! Hooked a big fish that pulled free in the weeds before I got him on the reel. Would have been nice to at least see him. I did manage the little grand slam though, and what they lacked in size...
  4. P

    Merrill Lake update

    Down hill a couple hundred yards.. I think the whole boat launch area is a mess as well.. Use to be some big brown trout in there.
  5. P

    Merrill Lake update

    I drove up there a couple weeks ago on the outside chance the gate was unlocked, and the only access road was repaired.. a waste of time. Sure miss that lake.. and the outstanding hexagenia hatches…
  6. P

    Not trout lake report

    Yup…the boy is my 9 year old grandson, and I got him hooked on fly fishing 3-4 years ago. And yes.. that’s a bamboo fly rod I made for him on a 4-5wt blank that I fast talked Glenn Bracket out of. Great fun to fish with, and sorry to see him go back to school Tuesday. (although he’s been known...
  7. P

    Not trout lake report

    Fished there a couple weeks ago and Austin had great fun .. the warm water grand slam! (but no bass) We’ll try it again under an indicator soon.
  8. P

    Private/Pay lakes

    We drove over to Rocky Ridge Ranch to check it out… and the water was crowded. Three guys on one lake, 2 on another, and rumor was there were no fish in the 3rd. We decided to pass.. So…a quick text to Amanda (Justesen) and we were off to Lower Twin. I thought it was a little slow going (didn’t...
  9. P

    Private/Pay lakes

    Has anyone fished Rocky Ridge Ranch this year?” Are they still in bidness? Can’t seem to get a reply on email, or the phone. Just looking for some new water for my grandson…
  10. P

    Columbia smallmouth

    I did get a few hours in on the main stream Columbia last week, but couldn’t buy a fish. Seemed to be a lot of weeds this year where we normally toss a fly, so did spend more time out in 15-20’ of water, and saw a few on the finder. A nice, rainy, foggy, no wind day, but I’ll give it a couple...
  11. P

    Columbia smallmouth

    Anyone try fishing for SM bass in the Columbia this early in the year? I’ve got a couple spots that were good in the spawn (April -May) .. but I need to catch a fish.
  12. P

    First fish…!

    Mine are not as pretty…
  13. P

    First fish…!

    All were on a simi-seal leech… much like Pat was using.
  14. P

    First fish…!

    Paul… that rock pit is close to your house!
  15. P

    First fish…!

    Wow… a great way to start the new year (!) ..although it may be all down hill from here! 😁 I just spent a couple fun hours up on one of our favorite west side lakes, and was pretty much dialed in! The first hit I missed, 🤷‍♂️ the 2nd I broke off on the take (big fish..steelhead? ) 🤦‍♂️ .. the...
  16. P

    WTH?

    Haha… once saw a woman nearly jump off her pontoon boat as a rattlesnake tried to join her on Coffeepot!
  17. P

    Why do you fly fish?

    It’s as much fun a guy can have standing up.. or sitting if you’ve got a ride.
  18. P

    Fish porn, and bragging rights..

    October 31st pretty much ends the fishing season for me. Most of the streams and lakes close, and the weather generally sucks until about March 1st. I'm not sure I caught enough fish this year, but sure got some nice ones! I kept a record this season of all the fish I caught over 20 inches (and...
  19. P

    Horsethief and Rowland

    I’ve fished to south side as well… pretty ugly launch site, but the bass were great fun with poppers!
Back
Top