Search results

  1. troutpocket

    What the heck did I catch?

    Landlocked chinook are a possibility. Banks lake has received hatchery Chinook in the past. Fish gonna move through connected waters.
  2. troutpocket

    What the heck did I catch?

    @Billy we need photos of the open mouth, gill rakers, and anus on all such future posts :LOL:
  3. troutpocket

    Coffee talk

    I haven’t roasted Sumatra beans in a while. I went pretty dark on the first batch and they handled it just fine. Big, dense, earthy flavors…kinda reminds me of Kona.
  4. troutpocket

    Coffee talk

    Cool. Is that a H—Mart find?
  5. troutpocket

    What do you cut wire with?

    The first tying scissors I bought are my dedicated wire cutters. I put a little tape on the finger loop to remind me.
  6. troutpocket

    September hawgs

    @Paul_ s post reminded me to post up my exploits (;)) in central WA hawg hunting. I spent a day on one of the big water project lakes that probably contains a dozen species, including this one: Would have loved to hook this Lake Whitefish before it expired. @Billy turned me onto the late...
  7. troutpocket

    Playing Live Music 2026

    Good one last night at Mike’s in Cle Elum. Band name is Bitterbrush but there was some online promotion that went ahead with Bitter Rush. I kinda like that.
  8. troutpocket

    What's in your vise?

    Two colors of holo tinsel for the “butt” effect 😀
  9. troutpocket

    What's in your vise?

    Getting ready for late season chironomids
  10. troutpocket

    What's Catching You Fish?

    Warmwater day.
  11. troutpocket

    Up at the crack: fishing day breakfasts?

    I just bought a big bag from Costco. A little salt in the cooking water, then a cut up fresh peach or nectarine, some real maple syrup and splash of 1/2&1/2…
  12. troutpocket

    Up at the crack: fishing day breakfasts?

    Breakfast is worth planning for. I was up yesterday at 3am to fish the fall Chinook opener in the mid-Columbia. Had some leftover taco makings to work with, so two burritos with fresh eggs scrambled, leftover grilled veggies, and fresh tomato. Big mug of coffee. Chopped melon and PB&J for lunch...
  13. troutpocket

    NFR Queens are out and about

    Pour a cup or so down the entrance after dark. Should take out the nest within 24 hours.
  14. troutpocket

    Stillwater indicator line

    Under the right circumstances I will hang a static type 7 straight down and work a deep indicator rig at the same time. Might sound weird but sometimes the fish have a preference. In general, the indicator gets more takes with a little chop on the surface and the static line gets the action when...
  15. troutpocket

    Stillwater indicator line

    My deep rig is an old 10’ 5wt Echo 2 lined with a SA 7wt Titan floater. I can roll cast or water load a 30’ leader, indi, and a pair of weighted bugs ….if I am standing up in a boat and the W is cooperating. The hardest part is getting the whole mess up on the surface before attempting to “cast” it.
  16. troutpocket

    heck yea

    What are the options for sound effects? Star Wars? Hip Hop record scratches?
  17. troutpocket

    High Lake Explorations

    Lakeside trout lunch? Heck yeah! Great outing.
  18. troutpocket

    Stillwater indicator line

    Yeah, I still have a collection of GPX lines. The “and similar” qualifier was intended to cover whatever lines fill that niche currently.
  19. troutpocket

    Stillwater indicator line

    SA GPX and similar lines have been my favorites for lake bobbercatin’. They run a little heavy, which helps.
  20. troutpocket

    What's Catching You Fish?

    The lake we fished that day had a lot of 16-19” fish and they gave us a workout. Jumping above head level, running right at me and under my tube, all the tricks. I was fishing the edge of a dropoff with 20’ of leader under my indicator. Didn’t need to cast; just find the spot, drop my rig off...
Back
Top