Search results

  1. Matt B

    Coffee talk

    Goths are soft and sensi on the inside of that blackened shell. They shop at the mall and live with their parents. When the gutter punks roll in, hide the tip jar.
  2. Matt B

    Lacto fermentation

    Tastes good. Might go for 2.5% salt instead of 3.0% next time.
  3. Matt B

    Up at the crack: fishing day breakfasts?

    Nah. Might have to stop at an inter mountain west Les Schwab and use the FACILITIES. Maybe even two or three times. And then forget about a boat ride…
  4. Matt B

    Up at the crack: fishing day breakfasts?

    Overnight oats is good with old fashioned oats. I haven’t tried it with steel cut. We use soy milk for the liquid along with brown sugar and cinnamon. Touch of salt, of course.
  5. Matt B

    Tuna 2026

    In a way that only proves our point!
  6. Matt B

    Tuna 2026

    I happen to agree, but it’s taken me 30-plus years to become somewhat “effective” (largely by going where and when fishing is conducive to fly fishing approaches), and the part about it being fun—you either get it, or ya don’t.
  7. Matt B

    Tuna 2026

    Pretty much all fly fishing is ridiculous if you think about it.
  8. Matt B

    Up at the crack: fishing day breakfasts?

    Coffee. PB & J to go. Maybe some pickled eggs if I have my sh*t together the night before.
  9. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    Pretty bitchin’ BLT with sourdough, garden cherry tomato jam and guac as the wild cards.
  10. Matt B

    NFR Queens are out and about

    I’ve seen where people put a shop vac hose at the nest hole with water and soap in the tank and just let ‘er run.
  11. Matt B

    Lacto fermentation

    It sounds like floating flakes are rather common and not a major concern. But if y’all don’t hear from me in about a week…
  12. Matt B

    Lacto fermentation

    Hm good point. I used the glass disc but the pepper flakes floated up. I’m brave enough to discard a moldy flake or two…
  13. Matt B

    Rain

    Yeah “three types of leaves” has me stumped. Cottonwoods can have different leaf shapes, but not usually on the same plant, more that the young ones do some weird stuff. Other than that kinda sounds like my neighbor’s river birches.
  14. Matt B

    Lacto fermentation

    This thread reminded me that I was gifted a kit to ferment in 32 oz jars so I threw together a pantry clean out kim chi (I guess, it was about half bok choy) in 3% salt solution yesterday. I just used tap water. Do you use distilled or spring or filtered water?
  15. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    So many of my soups and stews get some fish sauce instead of some of the salt. Sounds like you made an umami bomb, yum.
  16. Matt B

    Non-Fly Taking mom trolling Saturday

    Your reputation as the family fish slayer shall live on! 🤘🤘
  17. Matt B

    Doing a paint

    Aww, Paul is really ready for Fall! You’ve got a nice touch. I hope you keep it up and share more.
  18. Matt B

    Sand in wading boots

    Have you tried fishing areas with a significantly higher rock:sand ratio? All kidding aside, the same thing happens to me with my foot tractor boots when I fish sandy areas. I think the old neoprene gaiter might help. Maybe some extra long custom ones that cover as much boot as possible and go...
Back
Top