Search results

  1. Matt B

    Rain

    I noticed that yesterday. Was certainly happy to see it. The Olympics still look brownish and dry.
  2. Matt B

    What are you listening to?

    Nice out there tonight
  3. Matt B

    Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

    It’ll smoke up fine.
  4. Matt B

    Stilli opener delayed

    “People were breaking the rules, so we closed the river to fishing. We expect that this will address issues with additional rule-breaking potentially affecting Chinook.” Yeah the person who graduated last in the class still got a degree.
  5. Matt B

    Coffee talk

    There are some lighter roast style Via options now that aren’t hateful. In case you ever run out of Maxims, just FYI.
  6. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    Yum. It definitely has Izakaya vibes because they're big and so rich it just says "share me." I only catch little salmon so I don't share those collars, those are mine, all mine!
  7. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    Insanely moist and fatty and good. After the standard approach, I finished these skin side down straight on the coals for a few minutes. I’m thinking they’ll hit the spot warmed up over a campfire. Props to @SilverFly for thinking to ask to save some collars. Good idea.
  8. Matt B

    Small creek fishing

    When I first moved to Washington I sort of inadvertently proved this out. I had my Gazetteer (still do actually) and went up a USFS road next to a good-sized mountain fork of a good-sized River. I stopped as close as I could to pretty much every blue line on the map that crossed the road, and...
  9. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    Could be true! Both Turkish and California Bay Laurel are pretty easy to grow around most of the more temperate parts of the PNW. I had a neighbor that had a large bay laurel bush-- a seemingly unlimited supply on demand.
  10. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    Yep, belly loin, basically a re-do of the previous night’s main entree. I mean why mess with perfection?
  11. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    Tuna fish
  12. Matt B

    Tuna 2026

    I got to test out my Edge Rods “Warhorse” 15 weight on the tuna grounds. It wasn’t in any way “too much rod” for those donkeys. It was nice not to have to be super nervous the whole time I was cranking up the deep sounding fish…which is pretty much all of ‘em since they are tuna after all. Those...
  13. Matt B

    Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

    Soupfin shark? Thanks to Steve for help with the ID.
  14. Matt B

    Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

    Nectarines are migrating out on the SW WA coast.
  15. Matt B

    Show me your bass

    Really nice crappie! I was reading how slowly crappie grow in Western WA waters. That fish is easily over a decade old I’d bet.
  16. Matt B

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Old memories of Sadie and Omar. They were pups together and made a sort of odd but fun couple.
  17. Matt B

    What are you listening to?

    Last night Sturgill/Johnny Blue Skies and the Dark Clouds blew my mind for three hours straight of country funk disco blues psych rock, full of enough musical Easter eggs and sometimes surprising references in the interludes and transitions to keep any music nerd entertained. Songs came from...
  18. Matt B

    Tuna 2026

    Niiiiiiice. That boat does look fun to fish from! What’s the story on the broken reel? What was it and anything useful we can learn from that?
  19. Matt B

    Butterflies and Moths

    I did the same recently! Just through here…
  20. Matt B

    Small creek fishing

    ^Dave gives some great tips there and IMO the photos show how a 9’ 5wt is 100% a viable choice for especially the larger mountain streams in our area. Fish what ya got! Then you can dial in what you think might “need.”
Back
Top